Rgd7321 or Rg7321 FM

• Thread starter Nick Lang
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Nick Lang

Reaction score
I'm currently in the market for a good starter 7 string and these are basically the two options that are available to me. I plan on immediately switching out the pickups in the guitar regardless of which one i get to dimarzio crunchlab and liquifire. Please give me your thoughts on each and which you think i should get. Both have the same neck except the rgd has an inch in neck length to the rg. However the Rg is much more aesthetically pleasing. So just tell me your thoughts thanks again !

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bigfan

sixstringer
Reaction score
One inch really isn't going to do much difference. Try them out if you can and just go for what feels best to you.

hypermagic

Fusion Neophyte
Reaction score
I'd go for the RGD for the nice bevels and longer scale.

Ice4600

Reaction score
As one of the presumably few RGD7321 owners on this forum, I'd like to say that from what I can see this guitar beats the RG7321 models in every way. the frets are well installed, there's not a visible defect on it aside from the weird pickup mounting screw thing, but thats not visible and it doesn't affect feel or play so I disregard it. The extended scale is wonderful if you want tighter sound and want to use medium strings, but don't want the 27" scale Agiles or the hard to come by XL Ibanez guitars. The pickups are meh, but I as well am going for the Petrucci set.

Tranquilliser

Reaction score
The RGD has awesome bevels.
The RG doesn't.
If I had to choose, I'd go for the RGD, I like the look more, plus longer scale lengths are fun.

Nick Lang

Reaction score
Thank you everyone for posting i have both guitars being shipped to Sam Ash. I'll definitely play both of them before i make a decision but i am curious because i've never heard that phrase before what exactly is a bevel?

Tranquilliser

Reaction score
If you have a look at the Standard RG shape, the edges are perfect right angle corners (more or less)
The bevels on the RGD are kind of like an arm / elbow contour that follows the body the whole way along. That's the best way I can explain it.

rekab

Reaction score
I like the RGD much more. It's an awesome guitar but really a tad overpriced in my opinion. Have fun trying them and let us know which one you get

7 strings of wonder

Reaction score
Rgd for sure, tis sexyer, it has a longer scale which = tighter strings, and if you put the crunchlab in there it will definitley give you the djents

MaxStatic

Reaction score
Another vote for RGD. Just got an all black CL/LF set for mine, can't wait to install FTW

Latest posts

')