RGT-7 QL RBB XL

• Thread starter RGGR
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RGGR

Reaction score
I get my lumber from local specialized lumber store. They have a nice supply of almost everything. It's a matter of dropping by there once in a while and see what new supply they have in stock.

I always say I don't pick out the wood, but the wood picks me. I go in for piece of Bubinga, but somehow this super light Swamp Ash finds it's way in the trunk of my car...... not sure how that happens.

Although lumber guys last month were complaning I was stopping by there way too often. :nono: Guess, thats a sign to complete couple of my projects, and not start any new ones for a while.

I don't think they ship to the UK. Not sure if they ship at all. Normally you shouldn't want to source your wood from too far away. Shipping really bites you in the ass on that one.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Hey welcome RGGR. You listened to my advice? hehe

I like a lot your work, i want to see the RG8 finished, and the RG7 neckthru too.

Luck with your project and your life.

Frank.

RGGR

Reaction score
540pvii coming together:

CIMG3841.jpg

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
man, beautiful work, i'v been thinkin about trying to work a rg7620 body into one of those cst ibby bodys, do you just hand sand the contour on the face of your projects there?

RGGR

Reaction score
do you just hand sand the contour on the face of your projects there?

Not sure I understand your comment about the contour on the face.

The top of this guitar is totally flat. Just a contour for the fore-arm on top of the guitar, and a body contour on the back of guitar together with halfmoon shape contour near the neckpocket.

CIMG3835.jpg

The contour on the face (the fore-arm contour) is done by hand. Just with some (hand cut) files of different grit/teeth type and some sandpaper.

Coolest thing on this project is how the neck turned out.

CIMG3287.jpg

And all that was result of screw-up I had earlier in the process of making it. :scream:

With black hardware, a triple bucker humbucker, a solid Lamborghini yellow color on body and headstock this thing will be a killer.

The swamp Ash body is very very light. :scratch:

Concerto412

Aeternae Sonus
Reaction score
any new progress? i cant wait to see that 540Pvii all said and done...:hbang:
Ive worked on instruments for ages and having just gotten a start on my first scratch build, this was an inspiration to see! full rep points awarded!:bowdown:

RGGR

Reaction score
Tomorrow morning I'm gonno pick-up my JS-7 from the painters. :scream:

It has been there for ages.....but finally I will be able to finish the guitar that started my love affair with building guitars.

Yessssssssss!!!

In mean time I have been slowly finishing the Axxion I'm building for my brothers. It's almost ready to be dropped off at the painters.

RGT-7 RBB XL and 540Pvii will be next on the list.

Just pick-up my newly painted JS-7

CIMG4096.jpg

FortePenance

Reaction score
o__________________________________________________o

stunning! moar pics now. I really want to see your RG8, that zebrawood looks jamazing.

Ryan

Reaction score
I saw the pics on Jemsite. Looks awesome man! I cant wait to see it all hardwared up and strung. More pics. ;D

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yowza... that JS7 looks hot! Are the insides of the cutaways not soft and sculpted?

Status
Not open for further replies.
')