Rhodes Colossus 100 Watt Head - brutal video/clip content

• Thread starter killertone
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

s5470Pro

Banned
Reaction score
this crate stuff is off topic but I have a stealth 100w. and its decent for low budget.

BUT my other guitarist uses a crate GX-900 which I hate extremely. and it saounds killer. Only he has to use $600 worth of rack stuff and uses weird pa speakers.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
That's a sick tone you have dialed in, and I too would be interested in a 2 channel version of this amp.

protoplasma

Rhodes Amplification
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words guys. A 2 channel amp is in the works for release this year. Target price is in the mid 2k range -- I'll keep you updated with the details as they follow.

In the meantime, please inquire about artist pricing while we are still selling direct. You can have a Colossus for closer to 3k, rather than 4k. :)

Everything is hand made in Indiana with an incredible warranty. 2/4 amps in the current run are still available.

protoplasma

Rhodes Amplification
Reaction score
Hey all, just got another Colossus H-100 metal video I thought you'd be interested in checking out. A band called Judgement from Indianapolis recently played a show in my town and the guitar player was interested in trying the Colossus. Fortunately, the demo amp was in town and I was happy to bring it out for him. I also happened to be running sound for the show and I multi-track recorded everything.

Here's the video with a board mix-down by Nate Wright, the guitar player:

My favorite part is at 1:10, the tone is brutal! Let me know what you think!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
These really are awesome amps :metal:

Since this is really a promo thread though, it needs to go in Dealers.

protoplasma

Rhodes Amplification
Reaction score
These really are awesome amps :metal:

Since this is really a promo thread though, it needs to go in Dealers.

Thanks, glad you like what you're hearing! :hbang:

Sorry for the thread mis-placement, I did not start it, just bumping it with a new clip... If you feel it should be moved, I understand.

Curt

Where we're going we don't need neck pickups.
Reaction score
watches video.

:idea:

"$4000"

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thanks, glad you like what you're hearing! :hbang:

Sorry for the thread mis-placement, I did not start it, just bumping it with a new clip... If you feel it should be moved, I understand.

No problem at all :yesway:

watches video.

:idea:

"$4000"

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!

They're actually closer to $3k direct (which given hand-built, 4 channels, and midi controlled is really not bad at all)

Curt

Reaction score

They're actually closer to $3k direct

that's still 1600+ more than I have right now.

that and I have to wait and see what Cliff has up his sleeve and what the estimated cost of that will be. :lol:

i'm a whore...

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
that's still 1600+ more than I have right now.

that and I have to wait and see what Cliff has up his sleeve and what the estimated cost of that will be. :lol:

i'm a whore...

I hear you :lol: Just saying these do seem to be really great amps and the cost isn't off from comparable amps from other companies :2c:

If I had unlimited funds one of these would be sitting with a Fortin Meathead at my place :lol:

Curt

Reaction score
I hear you :lol: Just saying these do seem to be really great amps and the cost isn't off from comparable amps from other companies :2c:

If I had unlimited funds one of these would be sitting with a Fortin Meathead at my place :lol:

I like your taste in amps. Fortin Meathead = :yum:

they're cheaper than Diezels, afaik. so that's a win to me. :cool:

ST3MOCON

Reaction score
Damn that sounds so thick! I love it! I agree with making a more basic $2k version. if I was going to spend that much on a tube amp I'd be locked on a diezel.

shogunate

Reaction score
Then something in that vid is not right, because its pretty loose sounding.
Something's weird, not much tighter than that tone.... Bill O'Reilly's anus maybe? :lol: Try headphones, maybe...

How it's dialed seems to have the best of the Herbert and VH4 tones, and for all the features and tone I think it's fair enough in price. Hell, VH4s don't come with all them little switches :lol:

Pretty epic damn amps, can't see myself spending that much on any one amp though :shrug: Congrats on scoring one though!

protoplasma

Rhodes Amplification
Reaction score

They're actually closer to $3k direct (which given hand-built, 4 channels, and midi controlled is really not bad at all)

Yeap, you're correct -- direct artist cost is $3.25k for the head with custom foot switch, $3.05k without foot switch. Most people tend to integrate the amp within their existing MIDI rig and leave out the foot switch. It is certainly useful for those without an existing MIDI setup.

I'm totally biased, but the cost is right on par with the others. :metal: The intention has been all along to setup a dealer network, and until that is in place we're passing the savings down to the end user. The plan was always to publish retail pricing to avoid confusion once dealers are in place. We may change this strategy for the next run, but we shall see....

protoplasma

Rhodes Amplification
Reaction score
Damn that sounds so thick! I love it! I agree with making a more basic $2k version. if I was going to spend that much on a tube amp I'd be locked on a diezel.

Thanks! People seem to associate words like "thick" and "huge" with our high gain sound. It's not your typical scooped tone, but full, aggressive, and it cuts though the band in a pleasing way.

The 2 channel version is coming later this year. We decided to come out of the gates with the flagship model, and turn some heads first. We knew we'd have a more limited audience and we wouldn't sell more than we could produce. Manufacturing is a difficult business, and if we don't do it right we'll get a bad reputation from the start. The 2 channel will be streamlined to be more production friendly, but still completely Made in the USA, and as many components as possible come from our home state of Indiana. All our cabinetry is also made in our own shop as opposed to outsourced.

While our name is still no where near as big as some of the others, we are quickly being noticed based on our tone and feature sets. We've been around since 2009 building completely custom amps. We just released the Colossus (our first standard product offering) for public consumption within the last 4 months and things are growing fast. We have big plans for the future! :hbang:

oniduder

HONKEY DONKEY
Reaction score
i found out about these guys because i was searching for switching shit, which they also make

the amp looks/sounds killer

regards

mod edit: I removed your incorrect pricing info since Rhodes posted the actual cost a couple posts above yours...

')