Rhodes Colossus 100 Watt Head - brutal video/clip content

• Thread starter killertone
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
I have to say, Jason's demos were a lot more appealing to me than either of the Soundcloud clips. A lot more. I loved his clips, and hated the SC clips. Anything more in the same vein as Jason's demos?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

XxXPete

Reaction score
Kyle is a GREAT guy..He went out of his way to try and give me a DEMO..but due to LAST -minute EMERGENCY I was unable to try it..But will in the future.A True CLASS ACT!

protoplasma

Rhodes Amplification
Reaction score
Kyle is a GREAT guy..He went out of his way to try and give me a DEMO..but due to LAST -minute EMERGENCY I was unable to try it..But will in the future.A True CLASS ACT!

Hey Pete -- we'll get together soon for sure!

FYI, the Colossus will be back in Chicago this weekend for use by Mattias Eklundh at the Plainfield School of Music clinic on Sunday. If you're attending I'm sure Chris will be able to give you the run down on the amp before/after.

Unfortunately, I'll be out of town and have to miss the clinic. :(

protoplasma

Rhodes Amplification
Reaction score
I have to say, Jason's demos were a lot more appealing to me than either of the Soundcloud clips. A lot more. I loved his clips, and hated the SC clips. Anything more in the same vein as Jason's demos?

Here's some stuff from our hotel room at NAMM when Jason first tried out the amp. Not sure if this has been posted here, but there were 3 clips of him in total posted to YouTube:

We're slowly but surely building up the online recorded content of the Colossus. Later this year we will have a full video demo with Andy Wood in the studio, so that will answer a lot of questions once it's complete. For the more brutal stuff, Jason's already offered to do more studio clips when the amp can spend some more time with him in Austin.

In the meantime, there is tons of stuff between the audio and video media pages on the website, on our SoundCloud page, and on YouTube. The website is not up to do date with some of the recent clips, but there may be some stuff there that you haven't heard. Note that some of the clips are very old and not recorded well. These are going away soon, these pages need updating badly. Never enough time to get it all done! :)

Videos - Quick and Dirty | Rhodes Amplification, LLC

There's also a few more clips that you may not have heard on the Sound Cloud page: Rhodes Amplification's sounds on SoundCloud

XxXPete

Reaction score
Hey Pete -- we'll get together soon for sure!

FYI, the Colossus will be back in Chicago this weekend for use by Mattias Eklundh at the Plainfield School of Music clinic on Sunday. If you're attending I'm sure Chris will be able to give you the run down on the amp before/after.

Unfortunately, I'll be out of town and have to miss the clinic. :(
Funny you mention that Kyle..I WILL be there w Chris..Awesome!

protoplasma

Rhodes Amplification
Reaction score
Funny you mention that Kyle..I WILL be there w Chris..Awesome!

Nice! Just talked with Chris today, he's going to keep the amp for a bit too and do some recording. You should have lots of time to mess around with it -- let me know what you think! :hbang:

Might-is-Right

As a Lion...
Reaction score
I've been talking to Kyle recently re doing some clips and looking into a custom build pre amp. This guy is a true professional and not only really knows his craft but is outstanding on the service/communication side. Seems like Rhodes really has their stuff together for a new company.

I'd really encourage anyone thinking about boutique type amps, or any high end amp for that matter to really take a listen to what Rhodes has to offer. Look for big things from these guys in the future.

')