Richard Fay Guitars

• Thread starter Cyberi4n
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum, seems like he mainly custom work on other guitars but is slowly getting his own guitars together. Another problem well for americans in this case is possible high price but he does some nice work. :yesway:

steve777

Reaction score
Some of his swirls look pretty decent. But, many of them come out to pastel-looking for my taste. I guess it all comes down to the particular look your into.

jtm45

Reaction score
Yeah,Rich is a great luthier from what i've seen.
He seems to have a penchant for Ibanez Reverse 7 Headstocks too,which is always a good thing.:metal:

I've been corresponding with him quite a bit lately regarding the possibility of him making me a custom RG7 body and he couldn't have been more helpful with his suggestions and input.
He seems like the sort of builder that is willing to give you exactly what you want but will also let you know if he thinks of a better option or idea which may be useful to your project.

He tried to register here the other day but had a bit of a registration error problem but he's still keen on joining so i'm pretty sure he'll make it here soon.

Cyberi4n

Reaction score
Papa Shank said:
I was watching that RG7 in the top right picture on ebay a few weeks ago, I think it went for ~£500

Yeah I was watching that too! I love the colours OTHER than the mint green at the bottom of the body - I think I'd like him to do some work for me when my 7-string FINALLY arrives :hbang:

Thanks for the welcome dudes :metal:

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
jtm45 said:
He tried to register here the other day but had a bit of a registration error problem but he's still keen on joining so i'm pretty sure he'll make it here soon.

Strange... wanna PM me the details on what went wrong if he can't get in on his second try?

jtm45

Reaction score
Drew said:
Strange... wanna PM me the details on what went wrong if he can't get in on his second try?

Yeah, i thought it was a bit odd that he had trouble too.
I told himt o give it another try but i haven't spoken to him since so i don't know if he did or not.

He said he was gutted 'cause he'd be on here all the time if he could register and i reckon he would a great person to have on board here.

He builds some gorgeous RG7 necks too,with the twin bubinga strip running the full length of the neck and headstock.
I don't know if you can remember that reverse-headstock RG7 neck on jemsite that he built with a nice vine inlay and binding. He's registered as 'Serratus' on Jemsite (i think anyway?).

I'll drop him an email tomorrow and see if he's managed to register yet and if not i'll find out what's going wrong and PM you with some details Drew,and see if you can get it sorted-out for him maybe.:yesway:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I like Richard Fay's guitars, especially his 8-string, pretty nice. I first saw his stuff posted on Jemsite and 7-string.com a while ago, welcome to the forum, by the way. :yesway:

ohio_eric

Contributor
Reaction score
I want that 7 string Telecaster!! :shred:

DSCF1179c.JPG

JPMDan

IT'S OVER 9000!!!!
Contributor
Reaction score
for the 8 string guitar it would be 1900 Euro unless you want different specs than the one he did and the only pickups he knows of is Lundgrens from he told me.

')