Rick Graham IG posts?

• Thread starter TelegramSam
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Haun

Reaction score
I am relieved and saddened that I'm not the only one to notice the huge changes in RG's behaviour lately. Really hope he sees it himself and gets help, 'cause he really is an outstanding musician and very emotional and deep guy at his best.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
There's a bit too much overthinking going on here I think.

He's human, and not a brand. He's using his social channels as a regular joe bloggs, like any other person would. His IG has gone more 'variety' with everyday stuff, or just non guitar related stuff.

He literally has 'mental health awareness' in his bio and looks like a fun chap to boot, he's fine.

It looks like he doesn't generate income from his social channels so he's just using it for general life stuff. Like we all do.

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
^ yeah I'm inclined to agree with you here. I think he's fine. He's just a really weird guy haha. I usually at least chuckle at his posts so I'm entertained by them, and his chops are obviously just out of this world.

Simic

Reaction score
I'm with the guys who think that his IG posts and YT videos have gone really downhill in the past couple of motnhs. His videos are now pretty much him playing a 1min crazy lick and his IG posts are him taking beard selfies. What a shame, I really enjoyed his instructional videos and Ricks quick but slick licks :( The guy is the cleanest player I've seen and his purchasable lessons are amazing as well...

xCaptainx

Dr Djodson
Reaction score
Those type of videos feel/sound like a ....load of effort for zero payback. I'm assuming he makes his $ from personal lessons in the area.

The high production/high quality social media stuff would have been fun for a while, to increase exposure. But I seriously doubt it created any additional income for him.

All that kind of stuff is a huge amount of effort. Not surprising he's wound his back and is just enjoying life. Good on him. He doesn't really owe anyone anything.

Dooky

Reaction score
Yeah, but there have been a few rather weird videos where he's appeared drunk, sitting in a dark room, and just kinda rambling for 20 or so minutes. I think they have since been removed. They were rather bizarre and since them his content has been pretty average at best in my opinion.

Stijnson

Reaction score
Hope he is doing alright or atleast will be sometime soon. That guy is high up on my list of favourite guitarists and one of those guys I found through youtube obviously, those licks, that tone (especially his stratty stuff) and overall cleanliness of playing. But would love to see him put out some real content again!

Opion

Sir Mattafer
Reaction score
Damn. It's such a crazy thing how integrated social media has become in our lives, because between everything that he's been posting on social media lately (as has been brought up in this thread), he posted this today confirming our worst fears...but he seems to be brave in wanting to share it with everybody. I have massive respect for the man, but he absolutely needs to get help if he's to get better. Things like this don't usually happen on your own. Hoping for a swift recovery for Mr. Graham.

Dooky

Reaction score
I figured this was the case. There were times when it was really quite obvious and his youtube content has been getting more and more ordinary. Have huge respect for him in making that video and I really hope he gets help.

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
Damn, I stand corrected. Props to him for confessing and acknowledging he has a problem. Takes some big balls for sure. He seems like he has a huge heart so I wish him all the best.

ncfiala

Silence you bastard
Reaction score
Damn I hope he gets some help and gets better. I know all too well that alcoholism sucks balls. Dude's playing is sick and looks completely effortless.

TelegramSam

7-string Understudy
Reaction score
Saw it, kind of hoped I was overreacting but after seeing that video my heart kinda broke for him :(

')