Ridiculous 8 string bridge problem (Jackson HT8)

CM_X5

Reaction score
Maybe try a needle file and file down where the string sits on the saddle, also push that string down just in front of the saddle to make sure it's not "bowed" as it goes across. Would help a little with intonation too.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AwakenTheSkies

Life is like a box of chocolates
Reaction score
Lowkey gotta full send and get the hipshot if you want to keep the guitar
What? Why? I haven't checked the measurements but idk if it's an exact fit. It's not even guaranteed to fix the problem 😅 then I have to order it from the USA. It's so inconvenient..

Someone sent me a contact of a person who works with metal, they might be able to help me thin the bridge by 1mm equally on both sides.

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
What? Why? I haven't checked the measurements but idk if it's an exact fit. It's not even guaranteed to fix the problem 😅 then I have to order it from the USA. It's so inconvenient..

Someone sent me a contact of a person who works with metal, they might be able to help me thin the bridge by 1mm equally on both sides.

You can buy one in Spain fyi - 8 string is selectable if you click the fixed bridge thingy.

AwakenTheSkies

Reaction score
You can buy one in Spain fyi - 8 string is selectable if you click the fixed bridge thingy.

Aw cool, thanks for letting me know! But it's still like 100€. I'll try taking this thing to the metal man and if that doesn't work then I'll have no choice but to buy another bridge. Hoping to fix it though.

velvetkevorkian

The beat starts here
Reaction score
Maybe try a needle file and file down where the string sits on the saddle, also push that string down just in front of the saddle to make sure it's not "bowed" as it goes across. Would help a little with intonation too
This was my thought, I did this on my first bass when I couldn't get the action as low as I wanted. Hacky, but probably easier to achieve with hand tools than grinding the base plate down

nightsprinter

resident pat metheny fanatic
Contributor
Reaction score
This was my thought, I did this on my first bass when I couldn't get the action as low as I wanted. Hacky, but probably easier to achieve with hand tools than grinding the base plate down

Ohhh I've done this with a diamond coated nut slot file before and it worked!

AwakenTheSkies

Reaction score
I respect the thriftyness
I'd be willing to do it if it was a normal file, but from what I've read you have to be careful with diamond coated stuff. I saw a guy on Reddit who said he ruined his Music Nomad S file (120€ file in EU) by crowning one single neck with stainless steel frets, so I'd rather be careful.
But in general the part where the string goes in the saddle is a specific shape so I'd rather not file that at all, sounds like I could create a problem. We'll see how the metal person does...

')