Ridiculously good 10 year old guitarist covers Gilbert

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
I'll just leave this here

There are a ton of clips of him on youtube, the guitar looks gigantic in his hands. So good... Kinda makes me wonder if his parents pushed all this onto him or if he is just a freak though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DVRP

The HUMANCENTiPAD
Reaction score
I've seen several of his videos, he is SO good for his age.

jordanky

Contributor
Reaction score
Watched the first minute and nine seconds of this video... Self hatred set to 10.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
idk how old this kid is but he pretty much nails rusty cooleys solo in this song,

ChrisRushing

Fretboard Acrobat
Reaction score
Ridiculously clean. :yesway:

Not to discredit this young man in anyway but I always think it is funny that we are surprised when a young kid is great at guitar but there are literally dozens of even younger prodigies sitting behind pianos, violins, etc......
This beats the hell out of that annoying ass blues playing 8 year old that is all over youtube.

ChrisRushing

Fretboard Acrobat
Reaction score
Btw...I bet his dad is the bass player and all the shred power is derived from the MULLET. I'm just saying

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
I definitely agree with all the above comments. Just FYI, my self hatred went to 11 :p

Slunk Dragon

Gear Nerder
Reaction score
It's kids like him that make me question what the hell I've been doing with my life.

But seriously, kids like him needs absolutely brilliant minds teaching them! (even though I am 100% jealous of his playing skills)

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
This just made me very insecure.

Yep, no kidding

Not to discredit this young man in anyway but I always think it is funny that we are surprised when a young kid is great at guitar but there are literally dozens of even younger prodigies sitting behind pianos, violins, etc......
This beats the hell out of that annoying ass blues playing 8 year old that is all over youtube.

:agreed:

idk how old this kid is but he pretty much nails rusty cooleys solo in this song,

What makes the first video posted so good is not only does have the speed technique down, but he knows how to change his pick attack to add some nuance and style into it.
This video you posted on the other hand........yeah, no thanks.
May as well just be a robot that can't bend in tune nor do vibrato properly.
I can appreciate he can pick super fast, but he just isn't a complete package at all.

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score
The first kid is so clean, props to him for the practise he has put in.

I think, I've seen older videos of him when he was younger. Not sure though.

MJS

Reaction score
Search for Anton Oparin on Youtube and there are a bunch of other videos of him. He's really good. I'm guessing he's probably closer to 14 or 15 now.

There was another thread about him, but I think it drifted off course when a bunch of people that will never be able to play like him felt the need to drop by to let everyone know they weren't impressed. :D

Mysticlamp

Ripplesprint
Reaction score
great for his age, i wish i would have gotten serious about guitar at such a young age

NaYoN

Heavy Blog Is Heavy
Reaction score
Most young players who people call amazing are quite sloppy and/or stiff, whereas this kid is just so smooth. Actually impressed by this one.

xshreditupx

tats+metal=life
Reaction score

you have hit the nail RIGHT on the head.

numberonejrio

Reaction score

Completely agree. That blues playing 8 year old guy is from here and it was all I heard about for like a month when he auditioned for America's Got Talent. Shit like that gets annoying after a while.

Latest posts

')