Ridiculously good 10 year old guitarist covers Gilbert

Neptical

Reaction score
Feeling and soul of playing is something that is developed over a period of years and experience. This kid has it right from the get-go. Totally amazing. I have the most respect for this young fella. Probably spends every waking minute on his instrument instead of internet forums. ;)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Semi-pro

Reaction score
That's like saying you can't be a good driver if you learn in a Toyota while your friend is learning in a Mercedes his parents bought him. :D

I agree. My first car was a '90 Renault, crappy as shit, but i still consider myself the best driver anywhere i go. It's everyone else who mess up the traffic flow because they don't think like i do :D

I really hope that when the kid grows up, his persona will resemble more Shawn Lane and Paul Gilbert, and less Yngwie :lol: Actually... he just needs to grow up and there will be no worries :fawk:

wayward

Banned
Reaction score
:lol:

None of that has anything to do with learning or improving your technique.

That's like saying you can't be a good driver if you learn in a Toyota while your friend is learning in a Mercedes his parents bought him. :D

Very good example, but taking off on your example: if you want to be a master at drifting and/or drift racing, you're not going to get anywhere practicing in your dad's old Ford Taurus, besides burnt out tires and a couple bruises from your dad beating your ass because you burnt out your tires..

My point in saying is: He has amazing gear, but if I handed him a 4 year old Firstact Walmart special, and a 5w Firstact practice amp when he first started playing, and he tried to practice that gilbert tapping or those licks, it probably wouldn't happen. And seeing as how he's 10 now, he couldn't have been playing that long, which means he wore the fucking neck down on a little squire strat, or he had that gear (which is probably his fathers) when he started.

EDIT: And I'm not testifying that "Oooooo he's rich and his parents are loaded, so that's the only reason he has that gear!", I'm stating, his parents obviously have money, and he does have that gear, and probably had it when he started, which could be a factor in him getting good so quickly. There's no doubt he's good, but I'm not contributing it totally on the fact that he has an amazing rig.

BMU

Reaction score
My ego remains unaffected. I long ago came to the conclusion that everyone who ever picked up a guitar, even for five minutes, is better than me. Take a number, kid.

Ok he's really good. :)

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
My point in saying is: He has amazing gear, but if I handed him a 4 year old Firstact Walmart special, and a 5w Firstact practice amp when he first started playing, and he tried to practice that gilbert tapping or those licks, it probably wouldn't happen.

Totally false imo. It wouldn't have made any difference what gear he started out on

Kwirk

The Wrong Advices
Reaction score
My point in saying is: He has amazing gear, but if I handed him a 4 year old Firstact Walmart special, and a 5w Firstact practice amp when he first started playing, and he tried to practice that gilbert tapping or those licks, it probably wouldn't happen. And seeing as how he's 10 now, he couldn't have been playing that long, which means he wore the fucking neck down on a little squire strat, or he had that gear (which is probably his fathers) when he started.
I don't think anybody would have been able to do those licks when they first started playing regardless of what gear they were learning on. It might make it a tad bit easier to learn on GOOD gear, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have been able to pull it off eventually. I've seen plenty of players using top of the line guitars and amps, and they still can't play for shit.

Also, much respect for this kid. I've watched his videos over and over again and die a little inside each time.

Terminus1993

Reaction score
I've never heard a guitar player who plays the 16th Caprice exclusively with the pick.
Too fucking awesome!

Latest posts

')