Rig help (rockmaster content)

• Thread starter jeb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jeb

Reaction score
Hi!!

I need some advices.
Here's my current rig:

I have pod pro and a marshall 9200 power amp with a stereo 4X12 avatar cab.
The left output of the pod is running to one side of the power and the right output to the other side of the power and then the two outputs of the power running to the stereo cab...

So now.. I finished to repair a rockmaster preamp... I changed some pots a put new tubes with the recommendation of Ishan (Tung Sol 12AX7 in V1 and every other positions JJ ECC83S). I tried it in mono on the power and cab and this thing kicks major ass!!! I don't want the pod pro anymore hehe.

I'm thinking to get a g-major to go with it so here's my questions.

This is a mono preamp... How can I plug this thing to use the ... Split the output to feed the two side of my power and the g-major in the loop??

Plug the output of the preamp direct in the g-major and the plug the two outputs of the g-major in the power??

I've read some where to use the +3db output of the preamp to get the power tubes to work more... I've tried that and I must say.. holly shit!! what a difference!! So.. Can I plug this +3 db output direct in the g-major?

And the last one... The g-major can be used to switch the preamp channels via midi... anyone can confirm that this work with the rockmaster??

Many thanks for your help!!
and sorry for my poor english!

Jeb

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jllozano

Reaction score
can you use both the +3 and the other output at the same time? i also want to use 2 channels of my power amp so i need to know, i dont have my rockmaster right now as it is being modded at the moment by FJA mods...... i was also thinking about that ugly MXR kerry king EQ, as that has one input and 2 outputs, in case both of the rockmaster's outs don't work at the same time

jeb

Reaction score
I don't think you can use both output a the same time...
the two output don't have the same level.

Jeb

jllozano

Reaction score
yeah but i mean if you used a 2 channel power amp...you could use less volume on the +3 channel ......at least i think it would work

theunforgiven246

BEHOLD KLUMPAMUS PRIME!
Reaction score
doesn't the g-major have stereo outs? just use a mono output from the peavey to the g-major then the left and right out to the stereo power amp. then you get stereo effects. Is that what you mean?

jeb

Reaction score
Yup!!

That's what I mean...

But the g-major can accept the +3db output of the rockmaster??

Thanks again!

After some reading... this is not a +3db output but 3volts output.. don't if that change things for the g-major.. I've just check the spec and the max input is +24dbu... I'll try to figure this out.

hirah

Contributor
Reaction score
just go out of the rockmaster mono into the gmajor. either output is fine as long as you set the input level correctly on the gmajor. you canchange all 3 channels on the rockmaster with the gmajor. here's my little rig which is almost exactly the same.
214205125_0fb5d21f03_b.jpg

jeb

Reaction score
hirah!!!! you just made my day!!!

Thanks all for the help!!!

Benzesp

Banned
Reaction score
Y cable out to the g-maj. or just run the g-maj mono... I've used Y cables to do this type of thing in the past and it works fine.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
just go out of the rockmaster mono into the gmajor. either output is fine as long as you set the input level correctly on the gmajor. you canchange all 3 channels on the rockmaster with the gmajor. here's my little rig which is almost exactly the same.
214205125_0fb5d21f03_b.jpg

I demand more pics of those racks.

hirah

Contributor
Reaction score
here's an older one from last year.missing some stuff, and i got rid of one rockmaster and the lee jackson gp100.
214200786_bd9c727593_b.jpg

jeb

Reaction score
So!! After some research,

I've found two multi effects with the channel switch fonction.

The G-Major and the rocktron repliflex... I'll probably choose the cheapest....
Anyone know other unit that can do the channel switch??

Also anyone know what kind of cable I need to do this? Simple stereo 1/4 male jack to 2 mono 1/4 male jack??

Thanks again for your help!
Jeb

')