Rig Rundown - Band In A Rack (Continued)

• Thread starter ACE IT UP
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

iron blast

Northern Winds
Reaction score
Any updates? I'm thinking of going in a similar direction with my band. We are planing on only running cabs on large shows and ones with poor soundreinforcement. Im planning on snagging one of the qsc pld power amps for the cabs when we need it. The rest of the time we will just run a split snake to the front of house off our mixer and use in ears to monitor.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

concertjunkie

Reaction score
Any updates? I'm thinking of going in a similar direction with my band. We are planing on only running cabs on large shows and ones with poor soundreinforcement. Im planning on snagging one of the qsc pld power amps for the cabs when we need it. The rest of the time we will just run a split snake to the front of house off our mixer and use in ears to monitor.

What are you wanting to know?

I made adjustments to our rack and will (before our tour) switch to using the Jason Richardson Toneforge (for guitars) instead of our Axe Fx Ultra/Pod HD 500X combo, and FRFR speakers instead of our 2x12 cabs. Currently our set up is in two smaller racks that stack on top of eachother, but at least it can fit in anyone's car!

PBGas

Reaction score
Pretty amazing setup! Clarett is a fantastic unit. Really love mine!
I am so looking forward some day to ditching any hardware modellers and going this route.

Well done!

BenSolace

Divine Solace
Reaction score
Any problems/crashes with this setup so far? I am thinking of doing something similar myself with my MacBook Pro but it's only got a 2.2Ghz i7 and (IIRC) 8gb RAM plus SSD. I'd be using Amplitube Mesa (specifically the Mk. IV model) for both guitars but am worried about the stability at low latencies.

drjeffreyodweyer

Reaction score
Amazing and interesting stuff!

Could you please elaborate the whole lightning angle? Do you bring your own lights for effects or do you somehow connect to the venues lightning? Thank you!

Latest posts

')