Right Hand fainting while playing

• Thread starter FirasKordi
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

FirasKordi

Reaction score
hey guys...so recently when i play (mostly its with string crossing or triplets (galloping)) my right hand muscles gets very weakened...i dont know how to explain this , its like it fall off and faint ...i cant play a fast rhythm lick for more than 10 sec without my muscles getting really tired , that happens especially with downpicking and playing Bleed by meshuggah (galloping).....please guys any help :( ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Basti

not much space to wr
Reaction score
Just sounds like a build-up of tension, it's pretty common. Like with 99.9% of everything the key is to just slow it down and analyse the movements that feel troublesome to you, correct them and just keep doing them. Most of the time it's such tiny glitches in one or two muscles that set you off balance, the good thing being that you can always sense them yourself.
Another thing I find pretty helpful with picking technique is just to do it in front of a mirror (picking, that is).

m3l-mrq3z

Banned
Reaction score
Try to find out why you are tensioning your arm. Most of the time it's nothing but a mental blockade you're confronted with.

FirasKordi

Reaction score
the part between my joint and my hand (back of the arm) is the part that is tensioning ....i dont know how to fix that , how exactly can i make it relaxed ....and Is gripping the pick tight and hard a good or a bad thing (also most of my playing i dont really move the arm alot,,just the wrist)

m3l-mrq3z

Banned
Reaction score
Play slower. Increase the tempo. Identify the tempo at which the tension starts to appear. Try to figure out why it happens.

Maniacal

Reaction score
sounds like you are trying to play faster than you are actually able to.

Slow down, relax, build speed over the course of years.

')