RIP Dimebag

• Thread starter ridner
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
I cannot believe seven years have have already come and gone. It still in a way feels like yesterday. I am very thankful I got to see him perform on numerous occassions - both with Pantera and DamagePlan. I was also lucky enough to have met him as well. Dime has definitely been influential on me over the years, so he holds a special place in my heart and always will. Not a single day goes by that I am not reminded of him. RIP.

**I know there is lots of Dime/Dean hate on this forum. Please, in respect to a fallen hero on this day - please keep from posting that kind of thing in this thread. Thanks**

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
**I know there is lots of Dime/Dean hate on this forum. Please, in respect to a fallen hero on this day - please keep from posting that kind of thing in this thread. Thanks**

I think there's only Dean hate on this forum.And towards Dime's family for letting Dean do what it has done and still does.

I do respect that he influenced people,HOWEVER calling him a hero is a bit of an overstatement.Great musician yes,hero no.

EDIT:Unless you meant guitar hero , it makes sense then :lol:

MarrowOfTheEarth

Metal Connoisseur
Reaction score
Yeah, I love Dime, but I think What Dean has done to his name is just disgraceful.
I can't stand watching Dean make money off of shitty quality guitars with Dime's name on the headstock.
I feel like he'd be rolling around in his grave.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
tumblr_kvy6qkRR6o1qaogkzo1_500.jpg

ImBCRichBitch

Reaction score
Idk why theres so much dean hate, because just the cheaper ones are bad. The Dimes are good ones. But yes he was a hero aand he will be missed.

Louis Cypher

Reaction score
Really scary how time fly's by... 7 years ago... sh1t....

Obviously everyone loves him for his solo's and that but personally I thought Dime was one of the most inventive rhythm players of his generation. Riff's for fcuking days he had! Too many to mention in one thread...

Only a handful of individuals have truly pioneered music and influenced all that came after it and I think there is a great argument for Pantera/Dime to be part of that collection of rock and metal musicians. They created that 90's metal sound that has been robbed and ripped by sooooooo many bands, even today you hear that huge Pantera influence in metal that has far outlasted the band itself.

RIP

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score
7 years, damn, feels like yesterday.

Probably one of the most influential and unique guitarists of the world. Dime will never be surpassed to what he did. Always in our hearts! Forever!!

sk3ks1s

Djeff
Reaction score
I was just listening to The Great Southern Trendkill the other day. First time I've listened to Pantera in a couple of years. The 'Flood' solo will never cease to give me goosebumps.
:metal:

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
Rest in peace Dime.

He's been hyped to the skies since he died, but I don't think people say enough about his actual guitar playing, if that makes sense. People hero-worship him and exclaim "RIP DIME!!!!1!!1!" on every Pantera clip on Youtube, but comparatively few seem to recognize that we lost someone who was just a fucking incredible guitarist, really one of metal's finest.

I only got into him long after he died - I would have been nine when he died, and I only started playing in '07 - but I imagine it's one of those moments for metal fans, you remember exactly where you were when you heard the news.

EDIT: And Floods has one of the finest metal guitar solos ever recorded.

Goro923

Spanish Thrasher
Reaction score
I know that in my lifetime I wil never write a solo that'll make me feel the way the one from "10's" does.

And yes, I also think that nowadays he's overrated, especially by scene kids and the like. But I think that because of that, some people are compensating by underrating him, and they're overlooking the fact that he was probably the best metal guitarist of the 90s hands down. The first time I found out that he double tracked ALL his rythms I almost shit my pants. Tightest right hand ever.

And also, by comparison, I tend to not judge people based on how they use their tremolo, because it's just unfair.

Also also, my perfect pitch has gotten somewhat warped from listening to too much Pantera (I involuntarily tend to tune my guitar slightly flat). Anyway.

RIP Dime

theleem

Reaction score
Dime was the guy that got me into listening to metal and, more importantly, into playing guitar. Its been 10 years since I first heard Pantera, and I've never gotten tired of hearing him play.

RIP Dime

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
And yes, I also think that nowadays he's overrated, especially by scene kids and the like. But I think that because of that, some people are compensating by underrating him, and they're overlooking the fact that he was probably the best metal guitarist of the 90s hands down. The first time I found out that he double tracked ALL his rythms I almost shit my pants. Tightest right hand ever.

How is he overrated because of what "scene" kids say?
And which band/guitarist doesn't double track their Rhythms? Or do you mean solos, which Dime (as well as many others) also did

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
scene kids really like Dime? I'd imagine that most of them are too cool for Pantera.

TimSE

Tone Chasr
Contributor
Reaction score
Shit me. 7 years! That day is still so easy to remember.

The reason i play guitar right there!

')