RIP John McCain

• Thread starter Bentaycanada
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Yul Brynner

Custom title
Reaction score
McCain did quite a bit of post-war work in Vietnam trying to help make up in some small way for how we destroyed their country.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here's what we do know....this guy gets giddy with the idea of bombing.

Credit where it's due for voicing an unpopular but relevant perspective. McCain had a lot of awful things in his past, and I've said a lot of mean things about the guy for them over the years.

Part of me says there was some effort to make amends for them later on but it doesn't erase what he did, nor do a handful of negative comments directed at the current president of the US from his own party, nor do rose colored glasses from romanticizing the dead.

Not a viewpoint I'm personally in any rush to argue at this moment but if you're telling the whole story of the guy, yeah, something people shouldn't be so quick to forget.

kmanick

Contributor
Reaction score
I find it amusing how so many leftists on this forum praise this man so glowingly yet when he was running for
the office of President the was a "White supremacist". which one is it?
I fear that if he wasn't at odds with Trump , his passing would've been a much 'quiter" event and again this is all "Trump Bashing"

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I find it amusing how so many leftists on this forum praise this man so glowingly yet when he was running for
the office of President the was a "White supremacist". which one is it?
I fear that if he wasn't at odds with Trump , his passing would've been a much 'quiter" event and again this is all "Trump Bashing"

Stop making this about Trump or shin kicking. The guy is dead.

I didn't like McCain or his policies. Heck, he's sided with Trump almost 85% of the time while in the senate. Not to mention his cheerleading for the Iraq War and the terrible, deficit increasing tax bill that just passed.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/congress-trump-score/john-mccain/

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-...obama/mccains-record-on-iraq-eager-to-attack/

But, he's dead now. His politics are moot.

So we can kick each other over bullshit that is now pointless, or pay respects to someone who while did some awful things, wasn't nearly the piece of garbage many of his contemporaries are.

Any other corpses you feel like splaying out on the table or have you gotten in your "leftist" jabs for the day? I hear the poor girl from Iowa is still warm.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I find it amusing how so many leftists on this forum praise this man so glowingly yet when he was running for the office of President the was a "White supremacist". which one is it?

It's the one that's not the white supremacist one.