RIP Robin Williams :(

• Thread starter technomancer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
So shocked by this. He was such a good actor and had so many iconic roles over the years. He will be well remembered!

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
Fvck man. I loved him as Genie even if it was just his voice, he was one of the first to make an animated character feel real. Hook and Jack are the other two movies that I still watch all the time; hell, I don't think I'll ever be able to watch the ending of Jack and not lose my shit, so now it'll be that much worse.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Oh man, that's brutal. While he hadn't made anything in the past few years that I really enjoyed, he was a fantastic actor when given the right role, and funny as hell when he wanted to be.

Incredibly sad. Rest in peace, the world is going to miss you.

SKoG

Reaction score
Punched in the gut feeling.

I know he's gone through substance abuse, and probably depression issues, but so many people loved him... really sad if it is suicide.

loqtrall

Banned
Reaction score
Man, I used to tear up while watching What Dreams May Come. I won't even be able to ....ing watch it now, man. Beyond tragic loss. I can't fathom how a man so capable of giving joy to others could find the strength to end his own (wonderful) life. He was way beyond one of my favorite actors, the man was a legend.

And I'll miss the everloving .... out of him.

Alberto7

Living room guitarist. Ex-bedroom guitarist.
Contributor
Reaction score
I never care much about celebrity deaths, but Robin passing away does make me really sad. :( :( My condolences to his family. May he rest in peace.

shadscbr

Reaction score
I loved Mork and Mindy as a kid, and i've followed him since, so funny. So sad

Shad

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
My God, just saw this on the news. Sooo f'ing sad :( I really loved him and his work. Sad day.

Rev.

SKoG

Reaction score
A few minutes ago I heard an interview on TV with James Lipton from Inside The Actors Studio. It made me feel worse about this. For anyone familiar with him and how composed he is and how he presents himself... He was so sad he could barely get out complete sentences or express his thoughts talking about Robin Williams.

It really drove home how behind all the act and showbiz stuff, these are people with real friends and real problems.

Rev2010

Contributor
Reaction score
It really drove home how behind all the act and showbiz stuff, these are people with real friends and real problems.

This is a prime example of why it irks me so much when people talk about bands/musicians losing their edge because they're "too comfortable and happy now that they're successful". It's a clear fact that money, fame, power, whatever, simply does not equate to happiness. Some people just have some serious inner demons that they can't overcome no matter how rich and successful they are. Sure some people do get comfortable and wimp out, but people tend to use that excuse for anything new they don't like too often.

Rev.

Jzbass25

Reaction score
I was already pretty depressed and this just crushed me. My friend and I are going to be having a movie marathon soon to remember his greatness, he had such a great range he could make me laugh and cry in 10 seconds flat.

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
I couldn't be more surprised and saddened by this! RIP Robin! :noplease:

Robin-Williams-.jpeg

Last edited:

Sicarius

Reggie J Worthington
Reaction score
I spend a good deal of time on Imgur at work, and User Sub is filled with Robin Williams posts today.

I'm pretty sad about the whole thing, I wish he'd found a way to keep going, if only for the selfishness of being a fan of his.

But, dealing with depression myself, I get it. When you feel it's time, it's time.

TRENCHLORD

Banned
Reaction score
I really don't care for his comedy work, but 1-hr photo was creepy cool.
Seemed like a very nice guy IRL though.