RIP Ryan Siew - Polaris

• Thread starter Musiscience
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Riverview

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Saw this and was bummed . Polaris has had it rough with their last album / tour getting shafted as it released right before Covid I believe and now they just announced their new album coming out after years and now this . Really hoping the band and all his family and friends are managing ok . I’m the same age too , so it hits close to home .

He seemed like a cool guy , and literally every picture he was in he’s smiling . Life is precious , let’s enjoy the ride 🥺

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Damn, that sucks. I didn't follow the music much but I did admire his playing as one of those up-and-coming djent kids with cool Mayones guitars.

Purelojik

Reaction score
I followed the dudes career since his days on youtube when he looked like a little baby. His cover of pale aura was amazing and inspired me to give more difficult songs a try. Polaris had that son lucid which had some of my favorite syncopated riffs including one of my favorite groovy breakdowns. it hit me unexpectedly hard too when I heard the news.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
Heard the news yesterday. This hit hard. I remember watching his Periphery covers on Youtube. Dude was nailing every one of them when he was just 15-16 years old. Sit tibi terra levis...

couverdure

No Gear Day
Reaction score
He was only two years older than me, hard to imagine dying that young. I recall he had physical and mental health issues and was open about them, which didn't help.

I remember stumbling upon his guitar cover of Sequoia Throne by Protest the Hero and being amazed by how skilled he was at a young age. The Mortal Coil was also one of my favorite metalcore records to come out in the past couple of years.

')