Rivera Rockcrusher question

• Thread starter beersponge
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

beersponge

Reaction score
Can a Rockcrusher handle a Triple Rectifier with it's 150 watts? I guess the Rivera has a 120 w. capacity, & I need to push the head as much as possible (recording). Or should I just go with a Dual Rectifier & be done with it? Thanx !:metal:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wakjob

Reaction score
Why do you need to push the Triple Rec. so hard?

The power amp section is quite linear in high gain amps. The myth of power amp distortion is actually the phase inverter being driven into clipping. Couple that with a speaker being pushed to the point where it starts to physically move, and that is the misconception of 'power amp distortion' in regards to high gain amps.

There are very few amps that I know of that purposely distort the PA. Trainwreck being one of them, and a few small single ended amps.

You'll find the RC to be over spec'd and quite rugged. But drop a line directly to Rivera to be sure.

beersponge

Reaction score
Just wondering if the Triple Rec., being 150 watts would be a problem with the Rockcrusher, being 120 watt capacity, that's all. I just want to make sure I don't melt stuff. Don't know if it would be too much of a load or not....This would be for jamming @ my house and also recording

Decipher

Ibanez Enthusiast
Reaction score
:yesway: Yes it can. I actually contacted Rich @ Rivera a few weeks ago about this as I was trialing a Triple Rec. The RockCrusher is robustly overbuilt so it can handle the Tri Rec no problem (Rich's words).

')