Robb Flynn Epiphone Signature

• Thread starter ittoa666
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Guitarman700

Reaction score
Buy gibson V. Heat neck over open flame until it becomes stretchy. Pull neck out to baritone scale length. Install EMG's.
Instant Rob Flynn sig. See how easy that was?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

UltraParanoia

Reaction score
I honestly dont think its that bad...
I'll be very interested to see what price tag comes with it

Asrial

Whisper into nose
Reaction score
Eh... I kind of hoped that he was going to have a B.C. Rich or ESP signature, based on he has the red acryl warlock + a bunch of ESPs. Cool guitars, so I'm baffled why he went Epiphone. :scratch:

Loomer

Comfortably Dumb
Reaction score
Eh... I kind of hoped that he was going to have a B.C. Rich or ESP signature, based on he has the red acryl warlock + a bunch of ESPs. Cool guitars, so I'm baffled why he went Epiphone. :scratch:

Pretty simple, I guess. A lot of Machine Head's fans are in the younger demographic.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
maybe he went with the heart and skull after they told him they couldn't do the spade with "fuct" written on it like that shirt he seems to wear in every picture.

aleXander

BlackByPopularDemand
Reaction score
I think it's a killer guitar.

And sayin' the dude is gay cause there's skulls and hearts on it is pretty stupid.
And throwin it in with emo music makes it worse.
Machine Heads music is NOT emo music and I would never throw them in with that crowd.

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
I played this at NAMM, the finish/inlays did not bother me, I really liked that it's a baritone, the string tension was perfect.

habicore_5150

El Psy Congroove
Reaction score
Why couldn't he have done something like use The Blackening cover art for the body and for the inlays use the Machine Head "MH" logo? I think that would have looked 10x better. :shrug:

thought one of the Vs that Robb owned had the MH symbols as the fret markers (below 12th)

mat091285

Reaction score
I am so gonna get it! the whole concept is growing on me ... baritone 27" Scale Fly V man!

Desi

You can't handle me!
Reaction score
It's a really nice looking guitar....just not for me.

Btw, this is not a crack at Rob Flynn AT ALL, so please do not take this out of context..but, that guitar would look REALLY hot on a gorgeous metal chick. :idea:

JUST SAYIN!!!:lol:

Oh, and another thing; if Machinehead plays in B, why not..well..I dunno...play a 7-string?

Last edited:

aleXander

BlackByPopularDemand
Reaction score
They tune to Drop B.

Mutiny Within tunes to Drop B live and Brandon plays a 7 string.
He just recently bought a RG2228 and he's going to use it live also.

So if Rob really wanted to he could use a 7 string.
But seeing as his signature is a 6 string I don't think he wants to.

I Voyager

Reaction score
Mutiny Within tunes to Drop B live and Brandon plays a 7 string.
He just recently bought a RG2228 and he's going to use it live also.

So if Rob really wanted to he could use a 7 string.
But seeing as his signature is a 6 string I don't think he wants to.
I watched that video in the Ibanez site wher he explains the RGD and the 7th string is an F#. I'm not saying it's impossible to play a 7 string in Drop B with a high F# sharp (assuming that's what you were implying), Hell, that's what All Shall Perish does IIRC, but in Flynn's case it's unnecessary.

aleXander

BlackByPopularDemand
Reaction score
I watched that video in the Ibanez site wher he explains the RGD and the 7th string is an F#. I'm not saying it's impossible to play a 7 string in Drop B with a high F# sharp (assuming that's what you were implying), Hell, that's what All Shall Perish does IIRC, but in Flynn's case it's unnecessary.

No they don't play with a high f#.
There's a post on here by Brandon saying he plays with the extra low string. I don't remember what the tuning is for that string though.

edit:

here it is
http://www.sevenstring.org/forum/me...don-jacobs-here-mutiny-within-dig-no-dig.html

Latest posts

')