Robb Flynn Epiphone Signature

• Thread starter ittoa666
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Just to make sense of our disappointment to those who don't get it...

We wanted this...

img6b1ad178zikezj.jpeg

...and we got a baritone v with a super gaudy finish and non-desirable inlays.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LiamENGL

Reaction score
Why are signature guitars created and what does a guitar company hope to get out of making them?

What age range would a Machine Head guitar be marketed towards for maximum profit?

I don't like it personally, but I understand it.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
Why are signature guitars created and what does a guitar company hope to get out of making them?

What age range would a Machine Head guitar be marketed towards for maximum profit?

I don't like it personally, but I understand it.

I think it's because people like the semi-custom idea of a signature. Take the Jeff Hanneman ESP model for example. You can get a guitar with emg's, maple neck, ebony board, alder body, and a kahler for under $1500, when those options aren't readily available. Then there's the signatures that become standards like the JEM and the Rhoads. It basically comes down to it being something different, albeit with a name printed on it.

Then there's the braindead fans that buy anything signature.

khournos

Reaction score
I don't see why people don't like it,
but what I can't see, is why the paintjob is supposed to be "gay" or something,
I mean if somebody expected a plain baritone V and is disappointed, I get that part,
but the unneccesary hating is what I don't get ;)

best regards, khournos

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
When I think Rob Flynn, I think red acrylic V. Wood probably sounds better, though. :lol:

The inlays aren't really my thing, but I don't think they're that bad. I'm just happy to see Rob with a signature guitar, even if it's an Epiphone.

MickD7

Reaction score
hmm my thoughts are that epiphone will have this version of his "signature" where is Gibson will actually release the proper signature in the future. I mean look at it as the opposite approach that they took to the Buckethead signature, now we have a studio model as well.

As for the paint job meh it is what it is. The Inlays I think are kinda of cool but maybe it should have just been on the first fret and the 12th fret or something.

As a side note to the paint job, Matt Heafy had the Rising Sun thing going on with his Dean Sig, Dan Jacobs the blood splatter on his Esp sig , Kirks got all the horror film themed stuff on his Esp sigs and so on so forth. They still sell so maybe there is some people out there in the market that buy an instrument because they are an influence on them and regard it as of honoring that influence and how a musicians music has been part of someone's life. Just my
thoughts on it all.

mat091285

Reaction score
x2_42b590f

It actually does not look that bad ...

Dr. Epiphone lol giving heads up on the new sig.

CrushingAnvil

Ironically enough, now in Jesus Land
Reaction score
Let's not fool ourselves...it's the beard that makes it look slightly less pussified...

PS. Who is the dickhead in the white? He looks like he's from one of those early 21st century rap/rock groups.

Stealth7

Reaction score
No matter how "Metal" Robb Flynn tries to be in that photo the guitar is still gayer than Richard Simmons.

TXDeathMetal

Lemme smang it girl!
Contributor
Reaction score
Why couldn't he have done something like use The Blackening cover art for the body and for the inlays use the Machine Head "MH" logo? I think that would have looked 10x better. :shrug:

themike

Chug Life
Reaction score
I think it's pretty awful. The guitar itself is a step in the right direction for Epiphone but the graphics and inlays KILL it for me. I mean - would you walk into a show holding that case?

mat091285

Reaction score
it seems there is a clear pick guard on the V ... so a change of a white pick guard and regular EMGs would be a solution :lol: ...

')