ROBERT PLANT: Fear Of Disappointment Quashed LED ZEPPELIN Reunion

• Thread starter Dmitry Kulikov
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Translation: "I'm a fucking pussy and pulled out again," said Robert Plant. :lol:

They sound amazing and you know damn well Bonham, Jones, and Page want to do it. Hell Page and Jones have been touring on and off on their own stuff for years and Jimmy Page actually did that bit with the Black Crowes because Plant was too busy playing tennis to tour :lol:

Dmitry Kulikov

Reaction score
PAGE but not Paige
I would like to see LED ZEPPELIN reunion but after this news I think it's unreal.
Unfortunately.
Can't understand-why Plant afraid it?

Koshchei

Banned
Reaction score
Why practice necromancy? They're all over 60 now - it'd be a morbid geriatric side-show, not a reunion.

Live in the future, man. ;)

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
When I saw Plant/Krauss win all those Grammys, I turned to my wife and said, "well, that pretty much kills the Zep reunion permanently..."

Of course, Plant can't come close to hitting the high notes anymore. He was already having trouble with it by the late '70s.

I do respect his reasoning, though. If he doesn't have the passion for it, a reunion tour probably wouldn't measure up to the standard they set in the '70s. And it's not like they need the money. I'd like to see Page/Jones/Bonham go out on tour under a different name with a young singer who can hit the high notes, and do the Zeppelin material properly. It might not do the business that a reunion tour would, but it would still draw pretty big crowds, I suspect.

stubhead

Feral Buddha
Reaction score
Fine by me! Let some younger bands divide up the entertainment dollars, for one thing - and if he doesn't want to, why should he? As composers, he and Page make a few fractions of a cent every time an old Zeppelin song is played anywhere on any radio station - it adds up....:lol: Better this than being laughable like shuffling ol' Dave Lee Roth, or actually having people wish you were dead just so you'd go away (Hey Townsend - give it a rest, already). As Jeff Beck said regarding a Stewart/Wood/Beck reunion story:
Reformation of bands is never my idea of a good idea. Leave well enough alone, especially 35 years after it happened. It usually indicates there isn’t anything else happening in someone else’s career, otherwise you wouldn’t entertain it — let’s face it.
I have a lot of respect for musicians who keep learning, like Beck, McLaughlin, Johnson etc. It's fine to just make money too - but I'm sure not going to contribute any. :nuts:

This country, and time, are probably unique in that growing up is considered to be both pathetic & avoidable - ummm, bad news, kids....

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'd like to see Page/Jones/Bonham go out on tour under a different name with a young singer who can hit the high notes, and do the Zeppelin material properly. It might not do the business that a reunion tour would, but it would still draw pretty big crowds, I suspect.

That would be awesome :agreed:

jacksonplayer

The Fusion Guy!
Contributor
Reaction score
This country, and time, are probably unique in that growing up is considered to be both pathetic & avoidable - ummm, bad news, kids....

:lol: Too true!

Some of this is driven by musicians needing a payday, some of it by baby boomers undergoing an *extremely late* mid-life crisis. I got news for 'em: seeing Page/Plant/Jones or Beck/Stewart/Wood perform together again is NOT going to make you young and good-looking again. :lol:

Koshchei

Banned
Reaction score
Exactly!

Led Zeppelin was an incredible band back in the 70s. If you're feeling nostalgic for those glory days, watch a DVD or listen to a CD. They're old men now, who haven't played as Led Zeppelin (2007 reunion excluded) since 1980.

Surely there's something happening now that's worthy of your attention?

')