Roberto-Venn Luthiery School Builds!

• Thread starter TylerRay
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TylerRay

LP Addict
Reaction score
The Galloup School has a heavier emphasis on acoustic guitar building. I may be wrong, but I think the criteria for their electro guitar instruction is pretty rigid. Basically everyone builds a Telecaster.

electriceye

Reaction score
Yeah man I feel ya. AK to AZ was a long trek, but where there's a will, there's a way! Maybe...

If I was not married and kid-less, there would be a way. :D This sis something I truly regret not pursuing when I thought about it when I graduated college 201 years ago.

Renkenstein

Reaction score
If I was not married and kid-less, there would be a way. :D This sis something I truly regret not pursuing when I thought about it when I graduated college 201 years ago.

YouTube, these forums, and trial and error have been the best education a guy could get, and it's $10,000 cheaper.

I went to college and ended up with nothing but debt. I'm in network engineering and my degree was in computer programming. My network operations training all happened on the job and I could have saved myself $40,000 bypassing DeVry. Sure, it looked good on my resume and probably had something to do with me getting the entry-level position, but nothing in my college experience touched on what I now do for a living. Furthermore, people following me into those entry-level positions had little to no formal schooling. Made me feel like a real arse for spending all that money for the degree that landed me the same job.

When I was a kid, college was pretty much a requirement. I was expected to get post-secondary education, and I expected myself to get one. What I've learned through experience, however, is that formal schooling doesn't always provide the direct path to a career, and I'm living proof. Now that I'm a father, my views have changed and I think kids can be equally equipped for their futures learning a trade like this.

')