Rockmaster + fcb1010 + effects

• Thread starter jeb
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jeb

Reaction score
hi folks!! It's me again with my f**** rockmaster:hbang:

So! On my last thread I've ask if the rockmaster can be controlled with the relay switch of the g-major... thanks all for you answers.

No I've just figured that I have those switches on my fcb1010. If I can control the rockmaster with the fcb1010 switches. I will choose a cheaper effects processor.

Now my questions:
Anyone can tell what kind of cable I need to build for the footswich jack of the rockmaster?? stereo jack to 2 mono jack??

Anyone can tell me if I can program the fcb to work like this: If I press the pedal 1 on the fcb I can switch the rockmaster to channel 3 and the patch 10 on the effect processor for exemple??

what I'm asking is the channel switch fonctions of the fcb can be assigned to any pedal of the fcb???

Many thanks for you help!! (again :p )

Jeb

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Benzesp

Banned
Reaction score
Buy or make a stereo (TRS) 1/4" to 2 mono 1/4" cable. The stereo end goes into the Rockmaster, the two mono jacks go into relay 1 and 2 on the pedal. And yes you can program to switch a FX patch and and turn the realys on or off just my selecting one saved patch on the foot controller.

jeb

Reaction score
hell ya!!

I just need to find the best multi effects for the buck!! (new baby is comming = no more budget hehe)

Thanks!

DomitianX

Oxygen Converter
Reaction score
I would just switch the rockmaster channels from the G-Major, less cables on the floor, plus then you can swap out your midi controller anytime you want and it wont affect the midi patches that switch the channels. Plus if your pedal takes a shit, you can still select the patch manually and it will do the channel switching.

If you rely on the pedal making the switches and the FCB goes down, loses power, cable comes loose, etc it could become a quick pain in the buttocks.

jeb

Reaction score
Damn you're right!! hehe

But I already made a snake for my actual rig with the pod pro for the power cable and the midi cable... so it's nothing for me to add the cables for the switching....

Gonna think again!

Jeb

Benzesp

Banned
Reaction score
I would just switch the rockmaster channels from the G-Major, less cables on the floor, plus then you can swap out your midi controller anytime you want and it wont affect the midi patches that switch the channels. Plus if your pedal takes a shit, you can still select the patch manually and it will do the channel switching.

If you rely on the pedal making the switches and the FCB goes down, loses power, cable comes loose, etc it could become a quick pain in the buttocks.

No doubt switching with the Gmaj is the easiest route. But if he chooses not to get one, he can use the Midi Controller to swich his Rockmaster.:yesway:

')