Rocksmith - Guitar Hero for guitarists?

• Thread starter Rook
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Anybody else heard of this?

http://rocksmith.ubi.com/rocksmith/en-US/

I really like the look of this, it could be great if it's everything they're making out.

I'll attach a URL in a minute for a YouTube video.

EDIT: Done but it says UK, there's a chance I might not work for USA folks. Just type Rocksmith into YouTube.

I think this looks very cool.

[YouTubevid]lSx1R-kKuM4[/YouTubevid]

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Rook

Electrifying
Reaction score
Read the FAQ, if they're for real this could be really cool, even if just for practise.

Dead Undead

New again
Reaction score

nah.
Cool idea. Wonder how it is in practice though. Probably have to have perfect intonation.

Jontain

Reaction score
This will be interesting, anything that gets kids away from those damn plastic toys and towards learning a real instrument is good in my books

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
...So this is the same thing as that Guitar Rising project a few years ago. They ended up going bankrupt, but had the same idea, it seems. This is being done by Ubisoft, though, so it may actually get into production.

This should be awesome, though, if it actually gets through.

I wonder if it will have 7+ string support. Maybe through DLC/software updates?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
how the hell do the different notes register?

sorry for not reading :\

It likely uses the same principles as a guitar tuner, perhaps similar to recent polyphonic tuning detection.

If it works under the priciples of a tuner, as far as pitch detection goes, then there technically will be built in 7+ string support as long as you play the given notes. Though, seeing as 7+ string instruments are still niche I doubt we'll see songs with 7+ strings on the first go around.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
...So this is the same thing as that Guitar Rising project a few years ago. They ended up going bankrupt, but had the same idea, it seems. This is being done by Ubisoft, though, so it may actually get into production.

This should be awesome, though, if it actually gets through.

I was thinking the same thing, but couldn't remember what the other one was, nor knew that they went under. I am going to wager I am probably not interested either way, but oh well.

Fiction

For Mod
Reaction score
It sounds a like a beer ad...

"...channelling emotions through your gut"
And his voice in general is the voice of a beer ad voice-guy....... voice.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
But...

tumblr_ljbj02KT1u1qa9l5jo1_500.jpg

Or have an option for 8 strings tuned an octave down? Will it connect to an AxeFX to give you custom tone in-game? if not, i no interest.

bigreddestroyer

Reaction score
Any one else notice that they were turning the wrong tuning peg for the strings that were playing...
Or am I being overly pedantic again...

Dead Undead

New again
Reaction score
I've heard nothing but crap about it. Poor execution for the most part. And the fact that they put themselves so far above Guitar Hero is pathetic considering such a thing may not have existed without Guitar Hero coming first.

AxeHappy

Reaction score
I've heard nothing but crap about it. Poor execution for the most part. And the fact that they put themselves so far above Guitar Hero is pathetic considering such a thing may not have existed without Guitar Hero coming first.

1) I too have heard nothing but crap about it

2) Of course a video game can't teach you how to play guitar.

3) Coming first has nothing to do with what is better. Absolutely nothing. Especially considering Guitar Hero is basically a rip off of a Mario Party mini-game with a fancy controller that cost a hell of a lot of money.

fantom

Misses his 6 strings
Reaction score
Why on earth won't one of these companies get together with Roland or Terratec and make a cheaper (due to mass production) guitar midi controller technology for these games?!?! If you get millions of people on it, the current guitar synth technology prices will benefit everyone (pickup company profit, game company profit, guitarists, and gamers). I've been wondering this for years and no one did it. Someone please steal my idea already and mail me like 0.01% of your profit... unless it is negative. In that case send me some spare guitar synth stuff :)

Any one else notice that they were turning the wrong tuning peg for the strings that were playing...
Or am I being overly pedantic again...

LOL.

')