Rocktron Velocity 300: Rack Screws don't fit.

• Thread starter Vamo
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vamo

Reaction score
Hello there,

I recently bought a Rocktron Velocity 300, and all normal rack screws don't fit in the holes.
I never had that problem before, not with the Rocktron Piranha I'm running it with, nor with the Peavey poweramp I used before.

First: Did anyone else have a silmilar problem?

Now. I'm not sure what to do. Widen the holes in the Velocity, and possibly voiding warranty.
Or looking for slightly smaller screws that would fit. I'm not sure if they would be strong enough to hold the Velocity then.

What are your suggestions?

Thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Baelzebeard

Grinder of strings
Reaction score
I'm having trouble visualizing this, so I think we need some pics to flesh out what's going on.

I've rack mounted hundreds of pieces of gear and never had issue with standard 19" rack spacing and 10-32 standard rack screws. There are racks available that use different spacing/screw sizes, usually made for rackmount computer servers and such. Is that what you've got?

Vamo

Reaction score
No, it's not the rack. All the other parts fit fine in there.
The standard screws are just a little to big for the Rocktron Velocity itself.

http://imgur.com/z9boJy6

So that I can't connect the screws through the hole in the velocity to the rack itself.

It's not a lot, so I could probably widen the holes.
But I'm concerned for the long term stability of the Velocity if I would do that.

japs5607

Reaction score
Have you tried loosening off the other items in your rack case. I have had to do this to line up new equipment in my rack before.

Latest posts

')