Rocktron Xpression / TC Electronic G-Major

• Thread starter shishin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

shishin

Reaction score
The questions:

1) Which has better quality as far as tone and how clear the sound is?
2) Which is more versitile?
3) which is more user friendly?
4) has anyone had any problems with either of these units ( or perhaps both if god hates you)?
5) can either of them work with any Midi controller or do they have specific ones?

I will think of more later, but that should cover some of my most basic questions. If anyone has any sound clips that would be great. Just let me know what amp it's running through or if it is. and maybe what guitar/pickup or anything else that's being used.

Thanks

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scott

Aye.
Contributor
Reaction score
If you are using it with your v3, I suggest the g major. The chameleon is more of a preamp and some effects in one if im not mistaken, where as the gmajor is effects only. Though I have not used either one personally.

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
Scott's right, the chameleon is not a processor, it's a preamp. The effects on it are just a bonus to the preamp.

Apples, oranges.

shishin

Reaction score
damn....well...Thanks. I will now change the thread title to the other one I was considering.
EDIT: DAMN I can't change the thread title.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
i've heard great things about the Xpression, and i really love my G-Major. is trying either of them out a possibility?

shishin

Reaction score
sadly no. At least no where I've heard about. not to mention everyone at my school is far too worried about getting their B.C. Rich amp distortion right so they can do "squeels" to worry about anything else.

eviltoaster

Reaction score
shishin said:
sadly no. At least no where I've heard about. not to mention everyone at my school is far too worried about getting their B.C. Rich amp distortion right so they can do "squeels" to worry about anything else.
holy crap!and they even think they have a great sound mh?e get pinch harmonics out of everything:shred: mhmh to the question,it's not easy:the xpression has a bit + for having some kind of analog mixer if you set it up right,it means the signal under 120hz or something stayes dry and completely analog and the dry and wet signals are mixed WITHOUT phasing issues!great thing!this and the lesser adda-bitrate makes the xpression more analog sounding while the g-major is more hifi.it has better adda but only works great in a SERIELL loop (reallly important).i would go with the g-major because my engl as a switchable seriell loop,so it stays pure if i want it and has effects when i want it:cool:

shishin

Reaction score
Ya. I plan on using it in a loop/multiple loops ( assuming I go with a multi effect unit) so I may go with that.

')