Rokit 5" or 6"?

• Thread starter asilayamazing
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

asilayamazing

Reaction score
^^^ I heard the 8's are better than the 6" but is the 6's worth the extra $100 over the 5's?
Much difference?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mniel8195

Reaction score
i would say the 8's are bass heavy and more oriented towards hip hop music. the 6's are the best in the line.

square stomp

stomp the square
Reaction score
Yeah, I heard anything bigger than the 6" in the Rokit line are no good for anything other than typically bass heavy genres.
Some people prefer the 5" over the 6" even.
Been looking at getting some myself. :D

asilayamazing

Reaction score
HS50Ms....

Similar price range... far more useful.
they isnt much difference in spec's what makes em better? (n00b) :lol:

EDIT: everyone says the low end is non existent on the yamaha's that i would need a sub?!?

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
FWIW... MF/GC has sales on the Rokits all the time. I bought my pair of 6" for $200.

asilayamazing

Reaction score
FWIW... MF/GC has sales on the Rokits all the time. I bought my pair of 6" for $200.
nice! ya was looking around everyone wants 300 +shipping i think thats crazy probly come out to 350 and sweetwater's got em new for 400 shipped +payments if need be.

GC had a used 6" for 99

KingAenarion

Resident Studio Nerd
Reaction score
they isnt much difference in spec's what makes em better? (n00b) :lol:

Clearer low end... the speaker cabinet construction is far better for the size.

2k boost makes them NS10Ms basically, and if you can make something sound good on NS10Ms, they'll sound good on anything.

They translate better than the Rokit's as well.

Reaction score
I have the 5's and am happy with them. Got them on Craigslist for $100 a speaker... and they were never even opened. Guy just didn't want them.. When I picked them up they were still in the UPS boxes!

ESPImperium

@ESPImperium
Reaction score
Im looking at the 5s for my recording set up with a 10" KRK sub with them. Im also looking at a second set of cheap monitors as well so i can have a second reference.

With a sub set up you can set up a footswitch in order to switch off the monitors in order to hear the low end.

klinic

Reaction score
Seriously? You guys get amazing prices! It's about $500 for a pair of the 5s over here... When you get a good deal. Hence why I'm just sticking with my headphones. :/

asilayamazing

Reaction score
Seriously? You guys get amazing prices! It's about $500 for a pair of the 5s over here... When you get a good deal. Hence why I'm just sticking with my headphones. :/
:eek:

@ kingaenairion will i still need headphones for doing the bass? with the yammies?

')