Ron Jarzombek's new custom 7!

• Thread starter progmetaldan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GuitarG2

Reaction score
Looks pretty good. I mean, it was never going to be a KxK-standard, ball-busting, jaw-dropping masterpiece dripping with binding and flame maple top was it?

Cadavuh

Bounce The ....
Reaction score
haha its so uglllyyy! but i guess the paint job is pretty cool

DDDorian

Mantis Toboggan, M.D
Super Moderator
Reaction score
To me this seems like the kind of idea that looks totally awesome on paper only to look like... well, that... in the flesh:lol: I desperately want to like it, but I just can't.

I really hope Ron gets that gig with Nevermore...

370px-MrsBroflovski.jpg

WhatwhatWHAT?

Where did you hear this? Jarzombek and Loomis would make a seriously intimidating guitar duo...

Svartmetall

Reaction score
All due respect to Ron as a player, but that looks like a 4-year-old drew a BC Rich Warlock in crayon. That's horrible.

D

Desecrated

I don't care how it looks, it will be extremely interesting to hear what he does with a 7-string, nice to have some really good players instead of just metalcore kids :D

progmetaldan

Reaction score
I really hope Ron gets that gig with Nevermore...

+1

did he used that on the Marty Friedman dvd? Or im pretty sure he used a 7 string on one song at least, but it was really difficult to see.

I dont hope he gets the Nevermore gig, cause he rips with Marty. They are perfect for eachother.

nah, he used a 7, but I'm pretty sure he said it was just a standard Ibanez 7 or something for those tours, he only made this custom one more recently after the Blotted Science album was released...

It looks exactly like what I'd expect from Ron. :yesway:

Ron is fairly insane... :lol:

thats something new in terms of design, i like it.
i didn't know he was building his own guitars
monster awesome guitar player who can build awesome guitars....= W I N

yeah, and his paint-jobs are always fascinating, have you seen some of his other guitars?

Read this thread:
Well I guess Nevermore needs a new guitarist - Ultimate Metal Forum

Then watch:
[myspacevid]29777240[/myspacevid]

yeah, that would be incredible, I'm part of that small group on Ron's UM forum, and we did our best to bring it to his attention, and by the look of that vid, Ron brought it to Jeff's attention... :metal:

I don't care how it looks, it will be extremely interesting to hear what he does with a 7-string, nice to have some really good players instead of just metalcore kids :D

+1 yet another virtuoso player moving to 7's! :shred:

Ketzer

Good news, everyone!
Reaction score
I think that shape would look a lot better if the neck came out the other side, so that wicked pointed horn in in the same place as it is on a warrior.

It looks like the lovechild from a retarded warrior and a warlock.

GuitarG2

Reaction score
Sorry for bumping this thread a bit but...

It's now got a maple board on it, which makes it that much more awesome IMO. And is that room for more frets I see? Hmm, the plot thickens...

Great pic as well :lol:

Attachments

• l_0ed932bf02931b151caab34e509d4dd3.jpg
    l_0ed932bf02931b151caab34e509d4dd3.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 99

progmetaldan

Reaction score
Without starting up a whole new debate, I actually really like Rosewood, especially when you get a real dark piece, or darken it up with lemon oil or something it looks amazing, and especially on the back and sides of acoustic and classical guitars obviously... But yeah in this instance the maple suits Ron's guitar better methinks...

Status
Not open for further replies.
')