Rondo SS.org 7 string option poll... with a poll

• Thread starter Leon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

What options would you prefer on the proposed Rondo/Agile Interceptor Pro?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
basic rules for voting... cast one, maybe for two, options you'd like to see on this guitar. to be as accurate as possible, if you don't plan on getting one, please don't throw off the results for the rest of us.

for a Trans-Quilt, i'd love to see either Green or Blue.

edit: by the way, thanks go to Kurt for this opportunity!
http://www.rondomusic.net/

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Nice work Leon. I picked my ideal choices, but I'm flexible. The only deal killers I can see are if it's basswood and black, other than I should be in for this. I think it's got to have a sevenstring.org logo, that's the point of this isn't it?

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
I would love blue quilt top..

I picked 25.5
fixed
alder
maple fretboard
trans (blue)
passives
No ss.org (unless on headstock, thats ok)

So far, with Ebony, Trem, Mahogany winning, I would still be in if we went with the other options that are winning too.. Looking good.

FredGrass

Serial Chiller
Reaction score
London, Ontario - even the trees here are metal
I picked 27", fixed, mahogany, ebony, trans. quilt finish, EMGs (wouldn't have any qualms with some nice passives though), and the Sevenstring.org logo. For the finish, I was thinking like a blue/green burst where the top is stained green and bursts out to a dark blue around the rest of the body and neck. I don't know if that would add considerably to the cost but it would look sweet as hell. I also think that there's no point even doing the SS.org run without a logo. I'll represent. :hbang:

E Lucevan Le Stelle

in love with Judas
Reaction score
I picked 27 inch scale Floyd, mahogany and ebony, trans. quilt, and EMGs, with the SS logo.

Isn't really worth doing this run without the logo, I like 27 inch cales...oh, and EMGs aren't bad pickups especially at the lower prices that Agile get 'em at. Assuming they can't get hold of GOOD passives that is.

Leon

Contributor
Reaction score
seems so far the big leaders are an ebony fretboard, some sort of transparent/quilted finish, and passive pickups. pretty cool :yesway:

i agree about the logo being a really cool part of this run. i think the headstock would be a good, classy place for it. does anyone care to take a crack on some design ideas, and post a new thread about them?

Arisen, myself, i voted for passives. it's not that i don't like EMG's (some that i've tried were pretty nice), it's just the routing issues. i like changing around pickups, and with EMG's comes a big pickup route that i'd have to worry about. that, and lots of folks here already know what kind of pickups they want to put in, and will probably be changing them right away. if standard-sized passives are stock, then most of us who dig passives don't have to worry too much.

it really sucks about 7 string EMG's being so damned big :mad:

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
pickup rings aren't a huge issue, but i'd still rather not have to even deal with that myself. i only voted in this because i have a friend who might want one, and the kinds of things i'd want out of this are also the kinds of things he'd want.

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
Given what I've seen poll wise, I would definitely be in for this, the only I really couldn't decide on was scale length. Sometimes I really miss the 25.5", then I wonder how 27" would sound with mahagony. Perhaps 26 would be good compromise.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
As long as the logo is on the headstock, it would be fine.. but if its on the frets, i think it would look horrible, as with most "words" on frets (LTDS)

Just curious, when is poll going to end? I dont think im gonna buy a 7 for awhile (unless a good deal comes around) and just wait for this, if its going to be like by xmas/januaryish.. That would be ideal.. Big xmas present for everyone =]

Leon

Contributor
Reaction score
NickCormier said:
Just curious, when is poll going to end?
i set it to end in 200 days.
NickCormier said:
I dont think im gonna buy a 7 for awhile (unless a good deal comes around) and just wait for this, if its going to be like by xmas/januaryish.. That would be ideal.. Big xmas present for everyone =]
kurtzentmaier in the original thread said:
...but I don't think production will have them ready until early 2007 now

Kurt
i've started saving already!

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
oh no this is gonna be bumped back to the top every day for the next 200 days :lol:

Leon

Contributor
Reaction score
A) most polls here don't have end dates
B) Chris fixed the voting/bumping thing
:)

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I voted for two different guitars, a superstrat and a strat

superstrat (ie interceptor style)
25.5"
floyd
mahogany body
ebony board
trans quilt (green please)
passive pups
ss.org logo

strat (ST-1000 7)
26"
fixed (or strat trem)
alder body
maple board
sunburst
passive pups
ss.org logo

There should also be an option for pickup config as well with at least HH, HSH, and SSS

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
H-H would be the standard I assume from most people, except the 2-3 strat guys..

Trans Quilt should have like an option of 2-3 colors, Natural quilt, Blue quilt and Green quilt.. I think that would satisfy everyone

Leon

Contributor
Reaction score
technomancer said:
There should also be an option for pickup config as well with at least HH, HSH, and SSS
i only had 20 fields to work with :lol:

besides, the way i see it, humbuckers are coil-tap-able, single coils aren't humbuck-tap-able. with some different wiring configs (user end), all you strat fellas ought to be able to achieve the tones you're after (minus having an Alder body, maple board, etc).

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Leon said:
i only had 20 fields to work with :lol:

besides, the way i see it, humbuckers are coil-tap-able, single coils aren't humbuck-tap-able. with some different wiring configs (user end), all you strat fellas ought to be able to achieve the tones you're after (minus having an Alder body, maple board, etc).

Not really a strat guy per say... I just think that Rondo strat in a 7 would kick ass and be something different that nobody else is doing... I mean lets be real mahogany bodied HH guitars are not that uncommon on the market.

Leon

Contributor
Reaction score
technomancer said:
Not really a strat guy per say... I just think that Rondo strat in a 7 would kick ass and be something different that nobody else is doing... I mean lets be real mahogany bodied HH guitars are not that uncommon on the market.
i think there's a good reason why mahogany bodied HH guitars aren't uncommon, and i'm hoping to soon find out why ;). also, there seems to be a smaller contingency for the strat-7. i think one would be awesome, but i sooner want to get ahold of this Interceptor Pro.

and, having two S7's in your stable, i can see why you'd like to see an alder strat-7 come out, but all i have is an RG7621. so, personally, i want a different wood style and a tremolo on my next guitar.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Leon, I totally agree with you on the pickup issue. Humbuckers are the way to go as they can be coil tapped. Although I'd prefer alder as the body wood because there's not many alder 7's I don't mind mahogany at all. I'm probably the easiest to please out of everyone who's interested! As I said earlier, ignoring outside influences suddenly swallowing all my cash the only things that'd stop me buying into a sevenstring.org Interceptor run are a basswood body and a black (solid or trans) finish.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
I agree with Alder.. its a beast of a wood.

How about frets? We still have a heated debate on 24 frets or 27 ^^ I say 27, but 24 wont chase me away..

Latest posts

')