Rondo SS.org 7 string option poll... with a poll

• Thread starter Leon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

What options would you prefer on the proposed Rondo/Agile Interceptor Pro?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I won't vote, because I doubt I'd get one at this point unless I came into some more money, which might happen :)

In a way, I'd like to see a 26"er because we've already seen 25.5" and 27" agiles. It'd be cool if it had a spanky maple/ash thing going on if it had passives. For EMG's? I actually kinda like the idea of maple/basswood. EMG's sound just a tiny bit fatter in basswood, and the maple would crisp up the upper mids. Or go ebony/mahogany like every other high-end guitar people want.

The trem, I would prefer a trem, because you can always block it easily and it's much more flexible. Most of my guitars are trem-equipped, even though I rarely use the bar. But if it was a hardtail, I would still go for it if it was maple/ash.

If it had a nice ash or swamp ash body, it'd be nice if it had a little sunburst, otherwise a quilt would look beautiful. Red is my favorite. It matches with most club shirts and band logos.

Another cool look nowadays or maybe yesterdays was the low-gloss trans black. :agreed:

SS.ORG logo? Yes.

Pickups? Any passives, I don't care, I would just swap them if I didn't like them as long as their was no weird pc board mount or anything.AS many of you know, I am a fan of EMG's, though.

How about 25 frets? Still leaves planty of room for the neck pickup to be in a nice creamy spot. If you extend the scale, more frets are nice. I think the interest in extended fret instruments is limited to me and a couple other people here, though. I would be lost without at least 22 frets, though. 21 is just not enough to play a solo in every key. :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jakeskylyr

Reaction score
I went with what would be a seven string strat guitar, as there isn't really one readily available without going custom. I voted 25.5", floyd, alder body, maple board, passives, SS logo, and trans quilt top (as they are dead sexy :D). Being as that I have 2 (well one's not done) Ibanez sevens, I guess a little variety would be in order, and that would be a sweet guitar to have in the arsenal.

That being said, I'd probably gobble up one of these no matter what the features were for the uniqueness factor. That, and surely the price would be right too :)

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
NickCormier said:
H-H would be the standard I assume from most people, except the 2-3 strat guys..

you forget that one of those "strat guys" can have you drawn and quartered, cyberly speaking. :fawk:

I'm with technomancer. I mean on one hand I'm about as biased about a good seven string strat style 7 as you are about it coming with a blue quilt (and I'd be all over a blue quilt strat with a maple board), but on the other I'd say like 60% of the 7's on the market, between Ibanez and Schecter, are H-H in a mahogany body. An alder S-S-H 7 with a pickguard and a neck pickup pocket routed to accept a humbucker (and if I ordered a custom 7 strat I'd want this too) would be something COMPLETELY unavailable on the market. It might not appeal to as many guys as a H-H in mahogany, but it'd also have far less competition (i.e - I've already got a pretty kickass mahogany H-H seven. Two, in fact.) in the marketplace, and one of the truisms of marketing is you either have to do something better than the other guys or cheaper than the other guys (and if this goes for $500, it's essentially competing directly with a C7 Blackjack at $600), or do something no one else is doing.

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
(I voted for ash, maple board, quilt trans finish (like I said, blue would be cool), passives, and no logo. I also voted Floyd, but I'd prefer a 2-point non locking, if possible. And, as this is basically a strat, I'd say a pearloid white pickguard over that blue quilt.)

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I need a black cherry quilted top:

:wub:

I voted for Ash and Alder, since few sevens are made with those woods, and my alder Dillion sounded awesome.

And I really don't care about pickups, I have tried Duncans, DImarzios, and EMGs, and I like all of them. But my preference would be EMG or Dimarzio for sure.

angusyoungwanabe

ss.org's Diabetic
Reaction score
i picked 27", mahog, trem, solid color (actually dont care about it), and as long as their somewhat decent, i choose passive pups, and a logo. id prefer a simple 777 on the 12th fret, but as long as its tasteful.

RCB

Reaction score
I went with:

Scale: 25.5
Bridge: Floyd
Body: Mahogany
Fretboard: Ebony
Finish: Trans-Quilt (I’d love a Trans-Quilt Blue Burst)
Pickups: Passives (I’d like to give Duncans a try)
Logo: Sure (either way, I don’t care)

I think this would be pretty badass, plus Rondo’s prices are quiet reasonable. Though, I would want to see if any modifications are being done to the regular Interceptor first, along with keeping tabs on the modifications being done to the Septor that were mentioned sometime ago.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Well Drew, Im one of the ones pushing for Alder body with maple fretboard.. And from what I understand of the 7 market, Thats not exactly common either O_O

Jerich

Contributor
Reaction score
all I ask for is maple fretboard..No Inlays
Please no active pickups that's a sure Buzz Kill for me....
27"..Ma-hog-o-ny Bo-dy.....with or without a trem...
This seems like a Kick ass Guitar idea here guys...

Kurt will be proud......
AGILE RULES:

bigheadood

Metallurgist
Reaction score
Hi,
New to the forum and to 7string guitars.
I think that this is a really cool idea, but I voted before I read the rules.
I voted 25.5, Alder, fixed, rosewood, passive, natural.
SS.org is kind of the point. Needs to be there.
Mahogany seems to be winning, so I won't buy one.
I'll just buy new pickups for my RG7321.
Rondo is cool for doing this.

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
Nope, I'm not a huge fan of mahogany, either, especially not the east asian mahogany they use for the new PRS's. Not that it bothers me, I own two mahogany guitars, but neither of them with maple boards. IMO, the fretboard makes as much, if not more, of the tone as/than the body, especially with a neckthrough. So if it's a maple neck with mahogany wings, that would be fine with me.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Ditto.. I am not totally against Mahogany, I dont hate it enough not to play any guitar made with it, but Im not a total fan. I voted Alder =]

Maybe we could make two? Like

Mahogany
27"
Ebony Fretboard
Floyd
EMGs

and

Alder
Maple fretboard
Passives
Fixed

or something like that, either options are fine, but alot of the polls is really going like 60-40.. we're going to have a ton of people upset =[[

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I think 'upset' is probably too strong a word here. Personally given my current set of guitars I would love a 27" mahogany fixed bridge guitar with either passives or emgs with an ebony board and a green flame top. This would give me a great guitar to play with alternate tunings. If Rondo builds it I'll be happy, but I'm not going to be upset if they don't.

At the same time, I'd LOVE the ST-1000 sunburst in a 7 with a maple board, and I find the specs on the neck through that's already being ordered interesting. At the end of the day you can't please everyone all of the time, but Rondo is going to come out with some damn nice instruments ;)

bigheadood

Metallurgist
Reaction score
I like mahogany, but not in a 7.
too dark, too warm. not enough definition on lower strings

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
technomancer said:
I think 'upset' is probably too strong a word here. Personally given my current set of guitars I would love a 27" mahogany fixed bridge guitar with either passives or emgs with an ebony board and a flame top. This would give me a great guitar to play with alternate tunings. If Rondo builds it I'll be happy, but I'm not going to be upset if they don't.

+1 :agreed:

NegaTiveXero

.... Your Face!
Contributor
Reaction score
I voted for;

27" Scale, because I've never had one.
Fixed Bridge
Alder Body
Ebony Board
Trans. burst, Red or something
Passives, you can upgrade to EMGs, it's a bit more difficult to go the other way back
I'd like an HSH configuration, but HH is just as fine for me.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
thanks for all the votes so far, guys!

it appears as though a few options are pretty close in running. the Floyd/Fixed bridge is about as neck-and-neck as the scale length between 25.5" and 27". Ebony fretboard is a dead ringer for sure, and it looks like most of you guys would like passive pickups, along with a tasteful (on the headstock probably) Sevenstring.org logo. Mahogany is definitely the leader in the bodywood, but you Alder guys sure are vocal ;). and i know that there are definitely a lot of Mahogany bodied 7's out there, but there are definitely more Basswood ones, and it's cool to see that only 4 poor guys voted for that :p.

personally, i'm pretty surprised that most of you are going for the passives over EMG's. i dig it, since i voted for passives myself :yesway:. of course, i'd very much like to hear what Kurt thinks of these results, and to see what options he's flexible on (for example, to produce some with a fixed bridge and some with a floyd). i'm quite flexible on nearly all of these options, but that one is a bit of a stickler for me, as it seems to be also for some a'ya'll.

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
Leon said:
personally, i'm pretty surprised that most of you are going for the passives over EMG's.

If EMG would get its head out of it's ass you'd probably see a more even split between actives and passives, but if you're 7 stringer (and it looks like its going to same way for 8 stringers unfortunately) having EMG's preinstalled is a one way trip so...

You'd think they would at least add some normal sized 7 string pickups to their passive line at least.

Latest posts

')