Rondo SS.org 7 string option poll... with a poll

• Thread starter Leon
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

What options would you prefer on the proposed Rondo/Agile Interceptor Pro?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Yah, over on JCF I heard they did runs of custom guitars, like a batch of 30, with 15 being fixed and 15 being floyded... Maybe kurt can do the same?

Or If kurt is making this a full-time model, That may be different.. Im not exactly sure whats being done..

The main thing we need to get sorted out is the scale, and bodywood..

I know im kinda pushing for alder (although It wont be a make or break for me) but Im curious exactly how many of the mahogany voters actually tried alder? Maybe if they tried it out, they would enjoy it abit more. Its not really a common bodywood, esp in the world of 7s =[[

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
Have you guys thought about the quilted top finish in a neck through? We don't know how it's gonna be... If it has the maple top and the stripe of the neck splitting the top in two (like on buzz's custom RGA I posted before), that would be really awful. :rolleyes:

I can't really imagine that Korean factory making things such cutting a piece of the neck that runs through the body to fit the entire top on it. Remember that Kurt said that I wouldn't look good being a neck-thru.

If they can do the whole top thing, that would be awesome though :shred:

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
well they make ibanez SZ's with great tops, korean made. neckthru..

Something similar to the SZ finishes, the trans green and trans blue, would be amazing.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
NickCormier said:
well they make ibanez SZ's with great tops, korean made. neckthru..

Something similar to the SZ finishes, the trans green and trans blue, would be amazing.

Yeah I'm not sure why this would be a big deal, I mean the top on these is obviously going to be a veneer so it shouldn't be a big deal to do a full top on a neck through...

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
NickCormier said:
Its not really a common bodywood, esp in the world of 7s =[[
i don't think the point of the guitar is to be totally different from everything out there.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Leon said:
i don't think the point of the guitar is to be totally different from everything out there.

What I meant by that comment is I doubt many 7 stringers who just play ibanez or schecter, ever tried a Alder bodied guitar.. so they are just assuming mahogany is the best for the job. but Alder really stands its own.

Leon

Contributor
Reaction score
tone is subjective ;)

and besides, this is why we had a poll, to find out what people want. many have voted, and mahogany is winning. if you want an alder guitar, talk to Kurt himself about having one made for yourself, but as far as this Sevenstring.org run goes, it looks as though mahogany is coming out the winner. who knows, maybe Kurt will offer it as an option.

bottom line: keep posting about how great Alder is, and i'm sure the votes will magically change ;)

bostjan

MicroMetal
Contributor
Reaction score
I have to say, as much as I am not a huge fan of mahogany, this guitar could turn out great with mahogany. Maybe one day there will be a Drew Peterson signature model- I bet that'd be more up my alley tonally.

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Im not worried about it being mahogany ; my #1 right now is mahogany heh

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
bostjan said:
I have to say, as much as I am not a huge fan of mahogany, this guitar could turn out great with mahogany. Maybe one day there will be a Drew Peterson signature model- I bet that'd be more up my alley tonally.

It's all about the Agile ST-1000 sunburst with a maple board as a 7 ;) If kurt hasn't done one by the spring I may email him and see if he can order a few for us (as I'll have more disposable $ then).

Emperoff

Not using 5150s
Contributor
Reaction score
I wonder if this poll will work for the first batch of Interceptor Pro models, since I remember Kurt saying that he already had ordered them :scratch:

Anyway, it seems that I'll dig the guitar whatever it comes :shred:

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
Hmmm guys, just to let you know.. if it doesnt work out with Agile.. Dean does custom runs too, for fairly cheap! I seen some really nice deans with quilted or flamed tops go for like around $700 shipped through dealers..

It would be really cool to get a 7 string version of their Razor V, I know some people here have interest in non-strat shaped guitars.. and the Razor V is one of the coolest non strat shapes.. They accept runs of 20 guitars or so too I think, so if this one doesnt go thru, Maybe we can get 20 people or so who would wanna go thru Dean for some kinda custom.. Might be cool

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
NickCormier said:
Hmmm guys, just to let you know.. if it doesnt work out with Agile.. Dean does custom runs too, for fairly cheap! I seen some really nice deans with quilted or flamed tops go for like around $700 shipped through dealers..

It would be really cool to get a 7 string version of their Razor V, I know some people here have interest in non-strat shaped guitars.. and the Razor V is one of the coolest non strat shapes.. They accept runs of 20 guitars or so too I think, so if this one doesnt go thru, Maybe we can get 20 people or so who would wanna go thru Dean for some kinda custom.. Might be cool

Really......:idea:

Leon

Contributor
Reaction score
who said it's not going to work out with Agile? infact, who said it was ever a sure thing to begin with?

SnowfaLL

Reaction score
well the one thing with Dean, they dont do much options.. I asked on the boards and I dont even think they would do a 7 string.. So nevermind =[[[

Not saying its not going to happen with agile, just saying more options.

Popsyche

Contributor
Reaction score
I was told that there is a great difference in the mahogany from South America and the Asian type sound-wise. It may make a difference in the sound. I vote for something that looks as much like B3N's guitar as possible.

angusyoungwanabe

ss.org's Diabetic
Reaction score
Popsyche said:
I was told that there is a great difference in the mahogany from South America and the Asian type sound-wise. It may make a difference in the sound. I vote for something that looks as much like B3N's guitar as possible.
i agree (although i may not get it now, since i may get an RG1527 for 550-600 NEW). unless this is comming up soon.

')