rosa parks dies

• Thread starter Dylan7620
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Praise to Rosa Parks for flexing and changing the way we think today. :hbang:

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
Wow. Good thing you posted this. Working my shift, I prolly wouldn't have heard about it at all. And I'm from Detroit, LOL.

Vince

Contributor
Reaction score
92 years old, God bless her heart. Truly an icon for our society :yesway:

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
desertdweller said:
92 years old, God bless her heart. Truly an icon for our society :yesway:
Amen, Vin. Amen. It's great she got to live a long, fruitful life, even if it was a bit tough for her in her later years.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Agreed, Vince. Definitely an icon for our society and an important positive figure in the US's history.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
our country could sure use a few more Rosa Parks'.

all i have to say is, if the afterlife is segregated, they'd better watch out!

JacksonShred

rotten six string scm
Reaction score
You gotta be kidding me. Their was nothing brave about a black woman who got arrested and fined thirteen dollars. Especially since there were a few other people who actually sat in front of the bus as protest way before her stupid ass did. you wanna know what Really happened? Rosa parks did sit in the front, On the black section of the bus, but missispi( correct me if i am wrong) stated that if a bus was crowded-which it was- that the black person must move to the back for the white person. Rosa parks refused and got arrested and fined thirteen dollars. Martin Luther King Jr. chose her because she had the cleanest record out of all the people who sat in the front of a bus. You want a real civil rights hero ? Look at the Sad Case of Emitt Til or the protestors who were beaten and sprayed with hoses, hell look at the people who were beaten during the bus boycott those people did something, all rosa parks did was pay a 13 dollar fine and years later sued someone for using her name in a song.

Leon

{##[====:::.
Contributor
Reaction score
*mississippi*

shame i can't correct anything else in that post :rolleyes: ;)

Drew

Forum MVP
Reaction score
JacksonShred said:
You gotta be kidding me. Their was nothing brave about a black woman who got arrested and fined thirteen dollars. Especially since there were a few other people who actually sat in front of the bus as protest way before her stupid ass did. you wanna know what Really happened? Rosa parks did sit in the front, On the black section of the bus, but missispi( correct me if i am wrong) stated that if a bus was crowded-which it was- that the black person must move to the back for the white person. Rosa parks refused and got arrested and fined thirteen dollars. Martin Luther King Jr. chose her because she had the cleanest record out of all the people who sat in the front of a bus. You want a real civil rights hero ? Look at the Sad Case of Emitt Til or the protestors who were beaten and sprayed with hoses, hell look at the people who were beaten during the bus boycott those people did something, all rosa parks did was pay a 13 dollar fine and years later sued someone for using her name in a song.

Your point? Rosa Parks may have been a mere rallying point, but even in that she accomplished a hell of a lot more than the vast majority of her counterparts, and she played her part well. She protested against an injust law, and are we supposed to fault her 40 years later simply because she wasn't the only one who did so? she became a hero through her championship of nonviolence, and she inspired countless others. THAT's what made her a civil rights hero.

Proceed with caution, mate - we keep an open forum here, but posting intentionally flammatory comments is frowned upon. I STRONGLY suggest you proceed with respect, both for your fellow forum members and for the departed.

-D

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
Drew said:
Proceed with caution, mate - we keep an open forum here, but posting intentionally flammatory comments is frowned upon. I STRONGLY suggest you proceed with respect, both for your fellow forum members and for the departed.

-D

Well said.

jski7

Reaction score
Drew said:
Your point? Rosa Parks may have been a mere rallying point, but even in that she accomplished a hell of a lot more than the vast majority of her counterparts, and she played her part well. She protested against an injust law, and are we supposed to fault her 40 years later simply because she wasn't the only one who did so? she became a hero through her championship of nonviolence, and she inspired countless others. THAT's what made her a civil rights hero.

-D
True . There may have been some before her , but she got it started somehow . All it takes is one person to get it started ..... Rock on and RIP Rosa .

The Dark Wolf

Contributor
Reaction score
Rosa wasn't just some 'tired black woman' who refused to move.

She helped lead her local chapter of the NAACP for 12 years. She had just recently, before her bus protest, attended a 10 day leadership and training counsel given by the Highlander Center (a labor and civil rights training organization), where she met with civil rights elders, and where they discussed and taught the trainees about the then-recent Brown v. Board of Education (1954) Supreme Court decision (the one outlawing 'Separate but Equal' schooling).

So, in 1955, fed up, and tired (I guess physically and spiritually), she refused to give up her seat in the middle of the city bus in Montgomery, Alabama. Black people were allowed to sit there unless whites were standing, and that's when she decided to not give up her seat, and go to not go to the back of the bus. :hbang:

Get your facts straight, buster. I'm sure you make some vaild points, but saying of Rosa Parks "her stupid ass" is going a bit far. She might not be the almighty saint she's sometimes made out to be (who is? :rolleyes: ), but she is still a legitimate hero of her generation, and deserving of a bit of respect.

')