Rosewwod for body?

• Thread starter Maurobrazil
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Maurobrazil

Reaction score
I may have the oportunit to get some rosewood peaces, with i consider to use to do a chambered body guitar.:eek:
Think to do a rosewood neck and sandwich body, with maple top and back. 7 string, fixed bridge, duncam JB set.:hbang:
Will get good sound/tone? Will be bright, warm ...?:scratch:

Mauro

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Customisbetter

WhiskeyTangoFoxtrot
Contributor
Reaction score
it will sound like a guitar. the overall tone is dependent on many things, not just the wood type.

I'm interested in this build though. you don't see very many rosewood guitars.

xtrustisyoursx

Reaction score
Can't comment on the tone, but I LOVE rosewood guitars. I've got such gas for a harrison-style rosewood tele, or a rosewood body EBMM

lctdmf

Reaction score
According to Warmoth.

Indian Rosewood (Dalbergia latifolia):

A gorgeous exotic wood with rich thick grain covering a range of colors and patterns. These bodies dominate the heavy wood category with solid Strat® bodies always weighing in at well over 6 lbs. Specifying construction as hollow or chambered build is always a good idea if you're weight conscious. Finishes can be a little difficult to apply with the oily nature of the wood. You can expect big warm tones from rosewood with smooth high end roll off. Indian Rosewood Tele® bodies were made popular in the 70s by George Harrison of the Beatles.

------------------------------

Their "tone-o-meter" shows the scale very close to the "warm" side, and their little chart thing says it's used for bodies, laminate tops, necks, and fretboards.

Go for it.

paintkilz

Banned
Reaction score
one of my fav guitars of all time was a Ernie Ball Axis Super Sport which had rosewood neck, rosewood board, rosewood top, and pppppppoossssibly rosewood body.

it was definitely a rosewood top ATLEAST though.. ever since i thought that guitar was way classy and have wanted it or a rosewood topped guitar.

Maurobrazil

Reaction score
I go there today to get my peace ... it was a table, now will be a guitar ... if lucky, the top table could be mine to, so may be a total rosewood guitar ...

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Awhile back Fender made a Tele almost completely out of Rosewood, and there was a similar EBMM made.

Perhaps looking up some clips of them would help.

Zahs

Hmm, Upgrades?
Reaction score
Awhile back Fender made a Tele almost completely out of Rosewood, and there was a similar EBMM made.

Perhaps looking up some clips of them would help.

this is true... I remember playing one rosewood telecaster... it was beautiful. Shame I didn't have the cash to go get it.

')