Roter custom 7-string multiscale wenge

• Thread starter thinkpad20
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thinkpad20

plays guitar??
Reaction score
OK, so I tried to sell this one time before. I had a buyer who pulled out at the last second and just stopped responding to my emails... (T_T) Luckily, my move out of the country got pushed back, but it's on the horizon again. It's a great guitar and unique (in a good way!), and because of my situation the price is very negotiable - I paid $2000 for it originally but I'm willing to sell for much lower than that! All reasonable offers will be considered.

Brief & Accurate Description of gear/guitar:
This is a guitar that I designed myself and was built by Sebastian at Roter (who I now see is banned :eek: guess I missed something). I guess there was some drama with Roter on these boards, but none of it affected me or this guitar - it plays excellently and looks great, IMO. The multi-scale is surprisingly easy to get used to; once you start playing you really cease to notice it.

Specs:
7 strings
5-piece wenge/padauk/wenge/padauk/wenge neck-thru
Wenge wings
Wenge headstock cover
Padauk fretboard
14" fretboard radius
Parker neck profile
24 stainless steel medium jumbo frets (less on bass strings because of fretboard shape)
Zero fret
680-630mm multi-scale
Custom made bridge, 2-7/16" string spacing
Merlin custom pickups HSS, humbucker angled

Modifications (if any):
None. There is a tiny chip at the tip of the headstock which is visible in the pictures. There is also a bit of wear on the zero fret but it hasn't impacted playability at all.

Accessories (hardshell case etc):
Flight case, pictured

Location (City,State or City,Country):
I'm in Japan. I can provide a quote for shipping if you tell me where you are.

Contact Info (No Phone #s):
IM is OK, but email is best: i think i can [at] gmail [dot] com
(remove the spaces ;))

References Required (eBay or other forum userid): thinkpad20 on HCAF, lots of transactions. Also have positive transactions with several members here including Presence76, zimbloth and Wi77iam.

Price (include currency and if firm/obo):
As I mentioned above I paid a little over $2000, but the price is very negotiable.

Pictures:
Here's a video demonstration of the guitar:

Pics:
0da09920.jpg

ef97083b.jpg

IMG_3497.jpg

IMG_3499.jpg

IMG_3500.jpg

IMG_3502.jpg

IMG_3503.jpg

IMG_3504.jpg

IMG_3505.jpg

IMG_3506.jpg

IMG_3507.jpg

IMG_3508.jpg

IMG_3509.jpg

IMG_3510.jpg

IMG_3511.jpg

IMG_3512.jpg

IMG_3513.jpg

IMG_3514.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

thinkpad20

plays guitar??
Reaction score
You have to give a price

Hmm, well as I said it's an OBO situation, but for the sake of completeness, let's say it's $900.

Hi, you can ship in Russia? And how much it cost?

Yes; I can ship anywhere in the flight case pictured. I would have to calculate the shipping costs based on your location. Feel free to send me a pm.

mtlSam

Reaction score
Is $900 the absolute lowest you'd go? I'm interested but $900 seems a bit high, especially considering the problems Roter guitars have been known for.

Anos

Reaction score
I am curious as to what problems you speak of. I've never considered buying a Roter before, but if I can get it on the cheap, I might be willing to pick it up, depending on said problems.

')