ROTER FANNED FRETS prodyction model ??? Go buy an AGILE instead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AthenaInlay

ss.org irregular
Reaction score
Awesome! They totally make me think of chocolate too! I used to not like Wenge all that much but after seeing these bodies I'm developing a whole new appreciation for it. I can't wait to see the pics of the finished guitars.

...Ath

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ViK-master

Reaction score
i.jpg

Nice pile, man! Wenge is prabably the best visual choice for the shape as it looks fantastic from any side)). Well done :yesway:

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
out of curiosity, why would you want to know the thickness? like, is there something you need it for, or are you just comparing with other guitars?

george galatis

Reaction score
I wouldn't worry too much about it. The S series guitars, Blackmachines, SGs, and others get really thin without too many issues :shrug:

hmmm....maybe you are right man! all these brands still works nicely and normal...i've never seen a roter S guitar front of me, so i was worried about the sound and others.....thank you man

sorry about the mess guys

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
from what i've experienced, thinner bodies = better sound. sounds strange, considering what you're told about bigger and thicker bodies being better, but that's just not the case.

edit: short explanation: thinner bodies vibrate better, and so it gets much much more resonant and acoustically loud, which means more perceived sustain, and much better sound even through the pickups. i'm sure you already know what the importance of resonant guitars are, but the point is that thinner bodies = more resonance, because they are lighter and stuff.

also, the added lightness means they are... well, lighter!

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
However, some argue that lighter bodies, because they are more resonant, rob the string of it's vibrational energy faster, decreasing sustain and high end content.

I prefer lightweight and resonant myself over heavy in terms of feel, but this argument drove a lot of guitar design in the 70s.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
However, some argue that lighter bodies, because they are more resonant, rob the string of it's vibrational energy faster, decreasing sustain and high end content.

I prefer lightweight and resonant myself over heavy in terms of feel, but this argument drove a lot of guitar design in the 70s.

if it decreases high end, then explain Les Pauls. they are thick and huge and heavy for the sake of the warm sound, and it works. then look at Fender guitars (i hate always using these two companies, but they are the two extreme opposite standard companies, ya know?). Fenders are light (at least they should be), and they are sleeker. not all that thin altogether, but much lighter. they are really resonant, and their most notable characteristic: bright!

also, the idea of sustain is kinda misleading. while you could say a string vibrates for longer if the guitar is such and such, it depends on what the string sounds like while it's sustaining. perceived sustain and actual technical sustain won't do the same job. the more musical and useful one is obviously perceived sustain.

so it won't rob the string of sustain or high end. it might not sustain as long as if you had a humongous chunk of wood with a neck attached to it, but then it wouldn't sound good, and you wouldn't have the most useful sustain in the world.

i think most people will agree that a lightweight and resonant guitar will own ass no matter what, as it sounds louder through the pickups as well, and has much more character and tonal content, making it sing.

i'm not trying to put you down, i'm just so excited about this :lol:

but yeah, just check out hufschmid and blackmachine: really really light guitars, extremely resonant, extremely loud, both with enormous sustain, even unplugged, as hufschmid has demonstrated in his videos, just playing an open note and letting it sustain for AGES, with a very constant sustain that keeps going in the same volume for a long time before it starts decreasing.

people keep talking about sustain and stuff as if they are rules set in stone. it ain't. people usually attribute these things to totally opposite things. different woods, different constructions, different measurements, etc, and then you notice these attributes can often be opposites, even though the result is "more sustain" either way.

so let's all chillax, knowing Doug from blackmachine and Hufschmid both know what they're doing, and the guys at Roter are known for their awesome stuff, and so we're almost guaranteed that the quality will be great. people don't make thin bodies just for weight or just for tonal characteristics, and especially not just for looks. they think about sustain, and they think about tone.

/happy rant

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
Like I said, I don't necessarily buy the argument, but it's out there. Also, with regards to Fenders vs. Gibsons; a number of factors (body wood, scale length, bridge type, neck attachment method, humbuckers vs. single-coils) account for the difference in sound.

Generally though, I have played a bunch of SGs and then played a bunch of Les Pauls and found the SGs to be brighter and raunchier with less sustain than the smoother, darker Les Paul.

Regardless, this is not the thread for this discussion :lol:

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
true on all points, sir :agreed:

i've noticed the same things, i just used the fender/gibson argument as a placeholder thing :lol:

but yeah, look at the thinner SG compared to the fat LP. brighter and stuff. i don't agree that much with the sustain issue though, as i've had the same result the other way around, with LP's having less and SG's having more. it's more about the quality of the construction than anything. and in that area we're safe :)

Dcr

Reaction score

That 21º fret... scare me :noplease::ugh:

Look at the width of the 21º at first string and compare it with the width of the 20º and 19º. It's me or the 21º seems to be bigger :scratch:

I think that fretwork is not as good as should be... :rolleyes: Anyway, really NICE guitar. That body is just amazing, sir :agreed: :agreed:

TemjinStrife

Power Metal Cellist
Reaction score
That 21º fret... scare me :noplease::ugh:

Look at the width of the 21º at first string and compare it with the width of the 20º and 19º. It's me or the 21º seems to be bigger :scratch:

I think that fretwork is not as good as should be... :rolleyes: Anyway, really NICE guitar. That body is just amazing, sir :agreed: :agreed:

Good eye! That does look fairly off. Might want to doublecheck those fret slots, Sebastian.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')