Rumor - Megadeth completed their line-up

• Thread starter OmegaSlayer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Possessed

Reaction score
All these hired guys do is solos, they have little or nothing to do with the writing process. At this point, I think all Dave cares about is crunching out 1 album per year to increase his net worth.

What he really needs to do is let someone else help him with the writing process. The riffs on all the albums since RIP are absolutely lame.

Since it was the killer riffs that got me into Megadeth / Thrash, I tapped out a long time ago. I still love Dave and he's a very unique character but I think making money / having a family is his primary concern now and that's not a bad thing I guess. But super collider? The song sucks, the concept is absurd and I just sit and wonder WTF happened to the Megadeth I use to love.

You want to know what really happened? Dave stopped drugs. Like it or not, DRUGS CREATES AWESOME music. Now I'm not gonna tell you to go start doing heroin, but you dig what I'm saying I suppose.

Sometimes I much prefer megadave write all the materials other than let other people contribute

Rosal76

Reaction score
What he really needs to do is let someone else help him with the writing process. The riffs on all the albums since RIP are absolutely lame.

Dave Mustaine claimed that he didn't mind working with other people. From a interview that appeared in Guitar World magazine in 2009.

Guitar World magazine: When it comes to songwriting, in general you’re not a particularly collaborative guy.

Dave Mustaine: I don’t mind writing with other people. The trick is in figuring out what each person is putting in: Is it like bacon and eggs, where the chicken made a contribution and the pig’s ass is on the plate? Or is it 50/50 and you’re both giving your all? What I’ve experienced over my career is that it can go any number of ways. There have been songs I’ve written with my guys where we’d all contribute. Then there are other songs where the band didn’t really contribute that much, but unfortunately when the credits go down on paper it says “Written by Dave Mustaine and so and so.” So there’s the problem. But would I mind collaborating with other people? No.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
As long as it's not produced by Sneap or a Sneap clone I'll give it a listen. I know that kind of production has fans here but I really don't like it.

The Hiryuu

Dot dot dot.
Reaction score
As long as it's not produced by Sneap or a Sneap clone I'll give it a listen. I know that kind of production has fans here but I really don't like it.

Are you saying you'd take the ultra-muddiness of a Johnny K over the Sneap production?

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
:D

I just want to see the video of Mustaine and Rubin in the same room, discussing the "process"... the DVD can be called "There Will Be Blood" :idea:

If that did ever happen, I wonder if they'd even BE in the same room, given that Rubin is known for barely even doing anything. :lol:

Rawkmann

Reaction score
Just call up Max Norman. Youthanasia is still like my go to album for testing sound systems.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Rick Rubin actually produced the most underrated AC/DC album ever with Ballbreaker. That record sounds great too.

Great album... but does Rubin really produce? It seems to me like he is a life coach with a great engineer that does all the heavy lifting.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Kiko is probably the closest thing to a Friedman or Poland (in terms of creativity) that Mustaine could have hired, and it helps that he can play circles around 90% of metal guitarists around. He also plays quite well in a variety of non-rock/metal genres, so he has a lot to bring to the table as long as he's not put in the Mustaine vise grip.

That's pretty much Chris Broderick in a nutshell and we all know how that turned out. :lol:

Darknut

Reaction score
That's pretty much Chris Broderick in a nutshell and we all know how that turned out. :lol:

Yeah I know what you're saying about Broderick. I think the difference here is that Kiko has already carved his own mark with metal so to speak, his work with angra is very unique and memorable IMO. The application of his music knowledge in metal is very interesting, and he has a lot of followers alone based off of his mix of style and prowess.. Broderick is definitely knowledgeable as well, but his work before megadeth (and during his stay in megadeth) never really stood out to me outside of its technicality.. I felt like he never established a style to bring to the table really.

Kwert

Reaction score

Chris Broderick may have been classically trained, but from everything I've heard of him playing classical guitar, he's not an especially musical player. He lacks the nuances in timing and colour that someone who truly understands the craft can bring out in their playing - he developed chops but that's about it.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah I know what you're saying about Broderick. I think the difference here is that Kiko has already carved his own mark with metal so to speak, his work with angra is very unique and memorable IMO. The application of his music knowledge in metal is very interesting, and he has a lot of followers alone based off of his mix of style and prowess.. Broderick is definitely knowledgeable as well, but his work before megadeth (and during his stay in megadeth) never really stood out to me outside of its technicality.. I felt like he never established a style to bring to the table really.

You can pretty much apply that to Broderick as well. He was pretty much just as known as Kiko was, which is to say outside of the player's player circuit, not very well known in the grand scheme of things. Not dissing Kiko at all, but let's be real. :lol:

')