Rumor - Megadeth completed their line-up

• Thread starter OmegaSlayer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Well, seeing as how you've blasted Megadeth and Kiko throughout this thread... I don't even think if they recorded Rust In Peace II that you would be a particularly happy camper.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TheShreddinHand

Uber Stringer
Reaction score
Here's to hoping that this first album with Kiko is as good as the first when Chris joined. Endgame was a darn good album and the last that I truly enjoyed from MegaDeth.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Well, seeing as how you've blasted Megadeth and Kiko throughout this thread... I don't even think if they recorded Rust In Peace II that you would be a particularly happy camper.

If its just rehashed .... a la Return to hangar, I probably wouldn't care for it too much. I did however enjoy united abominations quite a bit though

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
$15 for a digital download, and $25 for the physical?
That's... pretty overpriced. Queensryche's PledgeMusic prices were a lot better; $10 for a digital download, and $15 for physical.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's... pretty overpriced. Queensryche's PledgeMusic prices were a lot better; $10 for a digital download, and $15 for physical.

It's probably done that way to nudge folks into buying one of the more expensive packages. I mean, when $25 gets you the plain jane CD, might as well spend $50 for the signed edition.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm totally going to donate to this when I can't listen to the music beforehand.

Not.

And I agree... $15 dollars for digital and $25 for physical is a joke. Furthermore, what happened to his great relationship with UMe and his own record label?

EDIT: Lol... is that seriously offering used bass strings for $75 bucks? :rofl:

sartorious

a good lurking guy
Reaction score
Pre-orders are up for the new album already, I thought they were trying to crowd fund it at first...

Megadeth: The New Album on PledgeMusic

It says they're already in the studio to record. Does that guarantee that Kiko will have little to no influence on the album? Unless he quickly comes up with his own solos or something? I'm not really familiar with studio recording, but I get the impression Dave just handed him a script and a deadline to learn it.

I've been listening to some of Kiko's solo stuff, and it'd be a shame to not get some of that flavor.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
It says they're already in the studio to record. Does that guarantee that Kiko will have little to no influence on the album? Unless he quickly comes up with his own solos or something? I'm not really familiar with studio recording, but I get the impression Dave just handed him a script and a deadline to learn it.

I've been listening to some of Kiko's solo stuff, and it'd be a shame to not get some of that flavor.

Apparently that's how Rust in Peace was recorded. Dave recorded and wrote all the music, and Marty came in to do solos. Not sure how true it is, though.

Also, I remember someone saying that Dave can't write good music while sober... Apparently RiP was written and recorded when the entire lineup was sober? :lol:

Rosal76

Reaction score

Jazzhands, I think you may have misread it.

$15 for the digital download.
$25 is for both the physical C.D. and digital download together.

I agree that $25 is lot of money for a "single physical C.D." but it does come with the digital download.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score

Which is still pretty pricey. I've seen services that sell both a physical AND the digital download together.

Plus, like I said, another artist on Pledgemusic is doing the same, but for a cheaper price.

wankerness

Reaction score
Most physical cd orders give you a free download in my experience. Trying to charge an extra 10 dollars for the CD and "justifying" it by saying WELL YOU ALSO GET A DOWNLOAD!!! is really silly since if you have the CD you can make your own download for free. >:p

Rosal76

Reaction score
Which is still pretty pricey.

Trying to charge an extra 10 dollars for the CD and "justifying" it by saying WELL YOU ALSO GET A DOWNLOAD!!! is really silly since if you have the CD you can make your own download for free. >:p

Ya gotta remember, though, guys. A Megadeth fan somewhere in the world just spent $75 on bass strings used by Dave Ellefson for the new album. I'm sure the $25, C.D. + digital download to them is nothing.

I'm not saying saving money and making smart purchasing choices is a bad thing but there are fans out there who are adamant about how they spend their money.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ya gotta remember, though, guys. A Megadeth fan somewhere in the world just spent $75 on bass strings used by Dave Ellefson for the new album. I'm sure the $25, C.D. + digital download to them is nothing.

I'm not saying saving money and making smart purchasing choices is a bad thing but there are fans out there who are adamant about how they spend their money.

Which is kinda why it's so dickish, overcharging the die hard fans, while profitable is as stated: dickish.

flint757

Reaction score

I agree that $25 is lot of money for a "single physical C.D." but it does come with the digital download.

Most physical cd orders give you a free download in my experience. Trying to charge an extra 10 dollars for the CD and "justifying" it by saying WELL YOU ALSO GET A DOWNLOAD!!! is really silly since if you have the CD you can make your own download for free. >:p

Considering how it isn't exactly a challenge to rip a disc I don't see how that really makes it a better deal. :lol:

')