Rusti's first 7 string :)

• Thread starter Rusti
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
sta venendo davvero una figata,non vedo l'ora di vederla finita.anzi,se c'è la possibilità quando è finita vengo a vederla dal vivo,se mi dici dov'è il tuo studio della follia.i hope the mods dont ban me for a little italian post :lol:

Watty

Naturally Cynical
Reaction score
That looks awesome, you do great work.

The one thing I don't dig is how "busy" it got when you added all of those knobs and switches. I think less is definitely more when it comes to the controls and placement, adding too much makes it look like your sound is more about what knobs you tweak rather than how you actually play...Doug and PRS have it down to a Science IMHO.

Rusti

Reaction score
sta venendo davvero una figata,non vedo l'ora di vederla finita.anzi,se c'è la possibilità quando è finita vengo a vederla dal vivo,se mi dici dov'è il tuo studio della follia.i hope the mods dont ban me for a little italian post :lol:

Si quando ho finito te la faccio provare :)

Dat top carve! Must be nice having a CNC machine :lol:

The carve is done by hand with a grinder, check page 3 :D

That looks awesome, you do great work.

The one thing I don't dig is how "busy" it got when you added all of those knobs and switches. I think less is definitely more when it comes to the controls and placement, adding too much makes it look like your sound is more about what knobs you tweak rather than how you actually play...Doug and PRS have it down to a Science IMHO.

Yeah there are a lot of switches but since it has a piezo pickup and it needs 1 volume and 1 switch just for it. the other vol and switch are for pickups and the last one is a tone push pull that splits pup.
Anyway i never used so many of them and i guess this is the last time :)

Incoming more pics

Rusti

Reaction score
Glueing the neck on the body

img0999vk.jpg

img1001pi.jpg

img1003zq.jpg

Glueing the top

img1004hh.jpg

img1016ww.jpg

img1017nc.jpg

img1020ig.jpg

img1024md.jpg

Building clamps

img1025o.jpg

img1026x.jpg

img1037a.jpg

img1039h.jpg

img1040v.jpg

img1041ux.jpg

img1042ua.jpg

Glueing fretboard

img1043el.jpg

img1045pk.jpg

img1127i.jpg

img1129kz.jpg

img1135u.jpg

vansinn

Reaction score
Gorgeous stuff! me like a lot..
Those fretboard clamps are really cool; reminds me of the traditional Swizz ones Huf is using.
Looking forward to the finish ;)

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
I can't find the right words to describe how I'm feeling. Massive amounts of jealousy, envy, and admiration are involved though. Awesome that you made your own clamps, and the build looks even better now that it's really coming together. The icing on the cake is definitely that string retainer that you made on the back of the guitar (I assume it's from your neck?).

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
This is looking seriously gorgeous. You thinking of becoming a luthier?

thewildturkey

Reaction score
Cant believe I missed this thread...

This build looks fantastic, loving the headstock design!

I also really like the fretboard glueing Jig, thats a really clever trick!

Rusti

Reaction score
I can't find the right words to describe how I'm feeling. Massive amounts of jealousy, envy, and admiration are involved though. Awesome that you made your own clamps, and the build looks even better now that it's really coming together. The icing on the cake is definitely that string retainer that you made on the back of the guitar (I assume it's from your neck?).

yep

This is looking seriously gorgeous. You thinking of becoming a luthier?

yeah at the moment im doing it in my free time but id love to do it as a job, so i wont stop here :)

If i will be completely happy on how this guitar will turn out and sound, i will put if for sale. I will keep it for myself if i will not be 100% satisfied.

')