Rusty Cooley Overdrive 2.0 Full Demo

• Thread starter ittoa666
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CodyMTS

jun jun jun
Reaction score
Burzum have more balls in their guitar sound than that

Chickenhawk

A Bad Idea
Contributor
Reaction score
I'll wait till I have a chance to try it out in person.

What happened to his Axe-FX? Guess he got a badass endorsement from Peavey.

Ittoa - That's not the camera recording the sound. You can hear the audio cut away when he starts playing.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
Kinda gives me Jeff Loomis vibes, but that could be the kinda riffs, especially at the beginning. Way too much gain, IMHO.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Too much lower mids and not nearly enough upper mids for those lower notes to ring out clearly and distinctly enough.
And goddamn, I like using a lot of gain, but that is A LOT, way too much. I cannot fathom ever needing that much gain for anything.

shredfreak

Reaction score
Can't say i heard the pedal do anything really. And i doubt i'll get to try one out in stores over here since i've never seen that brand at all...

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I respect Cooley's chops, and in the past he's gotten some pretty awesome tones, but I found this to be fairly awful. The pedal seems to do next to nothing as far as I can tell other than tightening things up to the smallest possible degree. I mean, my stock TS808 tightens up better when boosting.

Deathbringer769

Reaction score
Sounds like they have a mic to the cab, no camera audio. Could have gotten this pedal for half off, but I decided it probably still wasn't a good idea.

Guitarmiester

Awesome-O
Reaction score
Maybe it's my laptop speakers, but that sounded terrible! So much gain that it sounded like nothing but noise. The same kind of tone your typical 15 year old Pod/Spider user has... Gain nearly maxed, mids cut too low, treble and presence around noon, and an OD in front for an onslaught of even more gain.

Nick1

Reaction score
Im an overdrive pedal whore. This pedal does not excite me. Now the Vox Ice 9 thats a different story! I can't wait to try that thing out!

GinoBambino54

Reaction score
yea, that OD pedal sucks a fat one... I know he's a good player and plays tightly. but you couldn't hear it with that P.o.s.
:noway:

onefingersweep

Reaction score
yea, that OD pedal sucks a fat one... I know he's a good player and plays tightly. but you couldn't hear it with that P.o.s.
:noway:

Have you tried it? If not how do you know it sucks?

I'd say it's the other way around, it sounds awful because he can't dial in a good tone. He always uses to much gain, no not only in this video. He ALWAYS have too much gain. Except for when he's playing clean then, which doesn't happen often.

I'm sure the pedal is good. Doesn't matter what Rusty uses his sound is always crap. He's a decent player tho, except for when he's sweeping, then it sounds just as messy as his tone is. Reason he's using too much gain is just to cover his sloppyness.

But I agree on one thing, probably no one which isn't a fan of Rusty will buy this pedal because of this demo.

Rusty should go back and start Outworld again, back then he actually made sense in the business.

CooleyJr

Banned
Reaction score
Have you tried it? If not how do you know it sucks?

I'd say it's the other way around, it sounds awful because he can't dial in a good tone. He always uses to much gain, no not only in this video. He ALWAYS have too much gain. Except for when he's playing clean then, which doesn't happen often.

I'm sure the pedal is good. Doesn't matter what Rusty uses his sound is always crap. He's a decent player tho, except for when he's sweeping, then it sounds just as messy as his tone is. Reason he's using too much gain is just to cover his sloppyness.

But I agree on one thing, probably no one which isn't a fan of Rusty will buy this pedal because of this demo.

Rusty should go back and start Outworld again, back then he actually made sense in the business.

I'd definitely rethink your post. I know I'm a Cooley fanboy but jeeze man.

Saying he's sloppy is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. That OD pedal of his in that vid is the absolute muddiest sounding tone ever, but if you watch the video above you can clearly hear he isn't sloppy by any means and he actually has a very badass tone. You can hear EVERY SINGLE NOTE. Like I said man.. just rethink your post.

Latest posts

')