Rusty Cooley RC7X (import 7-string) with OFR!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

• Thread starter sevenstringj
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ascetiq

Reaction score
I retract my previous statement, I didn't know that even on his signature guitar, he used alder body and maple neck. Ewwwww.

So, it's just a bolt on version instead of neck thru, with aesthetic differences.

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
They're actually not the same, the body and neck woods are different, and the neck is a bolt on construction.

So, it's just a bolt on version instead of neck thru, with aesthetic differences.

What are you talking about Rusty's is Alder with a maple neck and it's a Bolt-On too, the USA one is exactly to his specs with exception of the neck shoulders.

MTech

Banned
Reaction score
I found out the real deal on the trem. They're using an OFR because there's issues getting new trems from Tak and they only have a very limited number of the trems left at Dean so they're saving them to use on the USA's. If they can get them again then it'll switch over but now the only option is a OFR or the Ibanez Lo-Pro and they don't want to put an Ibby trem on a dean guitar.
The frets however are supposed to be the same....

')