Rusty Cooley's RC8 Pics!! [Before Paint]

• Thread starter CooleyJr
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CooleyJr

Banned
Reaction score
These were just posted on the Cooley forum by Stephen Platt of Collibus.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

I must say.. Dean did a REALLY good job on this one!!!! This BETTER go into production.....

Thanks to Stephen Platt for pics after paint! :D

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
I must say.. Dean did a REALLY good job on this one!!!! This BETTER go into production.....

2 things. Why did Dean not drop the top? Why do the ugly ass Sims carve?

2nd, why does it look like they routed the pup routes with a 1/2" diameter bit instead of a 1/4" with a collar cut setup? Fanned fret 8, awesome, monsterous 8 inline headstock? Not so much... So far the only 8 inline I've seen that doesn't look too huge is Brian's, and I've got a similar design now that would work for that. Funny enough, the gimpy lower horn looks better on this one than on the 7 string version. Looks like they modded the upper horn a bit.

Demeyes

Reaction score
Looks really good. I find 8 in-line headstocks very hit or miss but that one seems to look nice. Whats the fan on it?

CooleyJr

Banned
Reaction score
Looks really good. I find 8 in-line headstocks very hit or miss but that one seems to look nice. Whats the fan on it?

I don't have any info on it, but all I know is, it's badass. Id say the fan is probably like a 25.5-23.5 or so. Cooley tunes Bb-Ab on his Conklin so I have no doubt it'll be the same with this one.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
Based on the ridiculous price of the RC7, if this goes into production, you can probably count on having to sell your first-born (and maybe your second, depending on how much the first was worth) to be able to afford it.

whammybarofdeth

Reaction score
Yeah I think it'll probably be 25.5-23" scale length, as i believe thats what his conklin is...

my god I want one, I've been dreaming of high A's for years lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
')