Rusty Cooley's RC8 Pics!! [Before Paint]

• Thread starter CooleyJr
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SPBY

Reaction score
just remember, the RC7 cost $2700... and this has another string and fanned frets, i can only cringe at the thought of it's possible price. Also, i wouldn't buy it, i dont like the extra high string. but it sure does look nice :D

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

metalvince333

Gear Whore
Reaction score
If it does go into production in maybe korea for a more affordable model...I wont have the choice but to buy one..and I hate dean guitars...I dont like having GAS on their stuff..:noplease:

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
Yeah, looks pretty, but I hate Dean so ehn. :p That and I don't want to pay what I would pay for a CAR. 2228 it is :lol:

Adam

Contributor
Reaction score
Yeah I think it'll probably be 25.5-23" scale length, as i believe thats what his conklin is...

my god I want one, I've been dreaming of high A's for years lol

Actually you can obtain a high A up to the 30" scale with Garry goodmans Octave4plus strings, ranging from .005 to .015. Ive used them on my 8 strings for years with no issues, and they tend to outlast my high E string. I'm going to be testing his high A string for the 30.1"-30.5" scale soon as well.

My only gripe with this new 8 is the headstock, the tuner for the high A string is very far away from nut, this will reduce the lifespan on high A strings. While it doesent really add any felt tension, it strains the string alot more. This is why I went for a reverse inline for my 2nd 8 string.

The most ideal placement is 1"-2" away from the nut. A 22" scale would also be the best for using off the shelf strings for a long lasting high A.

But since Rusty tunes it to G# and not A, 23" or 23.5" is not an issue for him, but it is for anyone wanting to tune to a high A and be able to do bends like they would on their high E.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
i would guess this mike nedd guy is building a prototype that the dean models will be based on. guitar companies often hire independent guitar builders to do prototypes for them.

whammybarofdeth

Reaction score
Or Dean sent him the unfinished body so Rusty could get it stained any color he wants? idk....

Apophis

Banned
Reaction score
looks really interesting, I hope it won't be changed much before final presentation :agreed:

Stephen

Collibus/Scar Symmetry/Ex-Devin Townsend
Reaction score
haha it got on here quite quick since i posted the photos on Rusty's forum.

CooleyJr

Banned
Reaction score
haha it got on here quite quick since i posted the photos on Rusty's forum.

I saw and had to post it here. :lol: I was immediately amazed at the guitars progress since Rusty said it wasn't going to be for a while. Now he's saying it should be finished Saturday!!

EDIT!!!!

News on what the finish will be.......

Rusty Cooley said:
Yes it will have the graphic but it will be red! and that graphic will be on the back as well.

HELL YEAH!!!

S-O

t(-.-t)
Reaction score
I am a huge rusty fan, my login got lost over on his forum, so I just stick to watching his CFH vids, over and over, and listening to his solo CD, original and fancy remastered/remixed version.

I love the way this is coming, I like his signature git, I personally wouldn't buy it, but I think it is sweet.

Stephen

Collibus/Scar Symmetry/Ex-Devin Townsend
Reaction score
I am a huge rusty fan, my login got lost over on his forum, so I just stick to watching his CFH vids, over and over, and listening to his solo CD, original and fancy remastered/remixed version.

I love the way this is coming, I like his signature git, I personally wouldn't buy it, but I think it is sweet.

Why didn't you message me then? I'm still an admin on his forum, would have sorted it for you. Tell you what PM me and i'll sort it for you :)

freepower

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if this goes production won't it be the first fanned fret production guitar? Let alone Dean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
')