Rusty Cooley's RC8 Pics!! [Before Paint]

• Thread starter CooleyJr
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Demiurge

Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but if this goes production won't it be the first fanned fret production guitar? Let alone Dean?

There's a FF Agile in the works (prototype pics are floating around), so it might be neck and neck (oh what a fucking pun!) as to which would come out first.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
what says you can't tune this guitar to f#? seems like no one even acknowledges the possibilty...although it's prolly not the total "intended" purpose it seems like a .009 on the high and a .076ish on the f# would do the job...i dunno, just throwing it out there cause this guitahh is f'n sick looking although i'll bet it will easily be post $3000.

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
with regards to the cost, unless you are hell bent on getting a DEAN...

Apophis can build you one like this, if i am mistaken his thread about production fanned axes is about "these" (loose term), no?

And you get a custom at a fraction of a Dean / Cooley price tag...unless you want the Dean of course!!!

JohnIce

Singlecoil Enthusiast
Reaction score
Appearently it took a multi-scale to get his neck pickup straight... it's usually the other way around :lol:

I dig it actually, although the lack of a drop-top is an eyesore for now.

ShadyDavey

7ibrarian
Reaction score
with regards to the cost, unless you are hell bent on getting a DEAN...

Apophis can build you one like this, if i am mistaken his thread about production fanned axes is about "these" (loose term), no?

And you get a custom at a fraction of a Dean / Cooley price tag...unless you want the Dean of course!!!

:agreed:

I like Rusty and his music, I can't stand Dean so while it's interesting to see how his guitars are progressing if I ever wanted a Bb-Ab 8 I'd go somewhere else.

That said, it does look alright...if a little uninspired.

Stephen

Collibus/Scar Symmetry/Ex-Devin Townsend
Reaction score
was because it was draining my bandwidth so i've re-uploaded them smaller instead, still big enough to view, don't exactly need them being huge though haha

Some more for you guys :)

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

ralphy1976

1 less ERGNESS
Reaction score
the paintwork is impressive

the bridge looks strange and not to my taste

i think it may be the camera angle but the body looks really small for a 8 string....

Stephen

Collibus/Scar Symmetry/Ex-Devin Townsend
Reaction score
Nope, Rusty should have it tomorrow though if all goes well :)

zeal0us

InstruMentalHead
Reaction score
If there's an RC8x, which like its 7 string sibling also has 1 mm high frets, I'll be :mad::mad:

This came out pretty nice though, can't wait to see vids of Rusty shreddin it up. :metal: :lol:

ILuvPillows

Baby seal will destr
Reaction score
Great paint job (the shape really needs something complex to draw attention away from the slightly odd shape)

Altough a straight 8 headstock, that kills it a bit for me. Still nice to see progress though :)

Xiphos68

Reaction score
These were just posted on the Cooley forum by Stephen Platt of Collibus.

I must say.. Dean did a REALLY good job on this one!!!! This BETTER go into production.....

Thanks to Stephen Platt for pics after paint! :D

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG
That is NASTY!:shred::shred::shred::shred:

Jeepers

Reaction score
VERY cool
looks like the left horn has been slimmed down a bit which looks much better and makes it look a little more symmetrical. Paint looks epic too!
Would be great to see a fanned fret production! get them out in the public eye

Status
Not open for further replies.
')