Rusty Cooley's RC8 Pics!! [Before Paint]

• Thread starter CooleyJr
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

CooleyJr

Banned
Reaction score
VERY cool
looks like the left horn has been slimmed down a bit which looks much better and makes it look a little more symmetrical. Paint looks epic too!
Would be great to see a fanned fret production! get them out in the public eye

That's what we're all hoping for! Well.. also an affordable price too.. ($1500-2000) But that's a VERY slim chance :lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Metal Ken

Hates the Air
Contributor
Reaction score
Holy Crap! An 8 string i like!

Actually you can obtain a high A up to the 30" scale with Garry goodmans Octave4plus strings, ranging from .005 to .015. Ive used them on my 8 strings for years with no issues, and they tend to outlast my high E string. I'm going to be testing his high A string for the 30.1"-30.5" scale soon as well.

thats all well and good, but i wouldnt gig out or base my playing around a string i just cant get anywhere.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
I'm not a fan of the pickup angles on that. What's up with the unfanned pups? (or relatively unfanned.)

Adam

Contributor
Reaction score
Holy Crap! An 8 string i like!

thats all well and good, but i wouldnt gig out or base my playing around a string i just cant get anywhere.

It's always a good idea to order more than a few.

Oh yeah Garry has developed new wire that can tune up to A4 in 5 minutes on a 25.5" instrument:yesway:

Last edited:

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I'm not huge fan of the aesthetics at all. The graphic is pretty lame, in my opinion, and ruined the RC7 for me. The bridge looks fairly uncomfortable as well, and visually has zero flow.

Overall, I'm fairly underwhelmed. :shrug:

Prydogga

Giddyup.
Reaction score
That whole section with the pickups and bridge is a huge wood killer for me, the bridge and birdge PUP are not at the right angels together, and the Base of the Bridge looks worth about 5 dollars, And once again the pickups Are very uneasy looking, why is there no angle on the neck?

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
They're probably putting 808's in the thing instead of something bigger like they should so they can't really angle the pickups.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
^Actually I thought that was the advantage of 808s- that you could angle them and didn't have to worry about pole pieces lining up.

avenger

Reaction score
The entire middle section of the body looks messed up. The angle in horrible it makes it seem like the guitar is all wobbled up or something.

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
Thats the advantage of angling them in a 7 string.

^this

808s are made wide enough for 8 strings... if you already have 8 strings you cant angle them drastically like you could on a 7 string since theres no extra space. They would have had to use a 9 string pickup or a 6 string bass pickup.

Adam

Contributor
Reaction score
Ah. Didn't know that, thanks. :yesway:

No prob, here's a pic of 808s in a 7 for reference:
erics20720completed-1.jpg

Deadnightshade

U gonna eat that?
Reaction score
what says you can't tune this guitar to f#? seems like no one even acknowledges the possibilty...although it's prolly not the total "intended" purpose it seems like a .009 on the high and a .076ish on the f# would do the job...i dunno, just throwing it out there cause this guitahh is f'n sick looking although i'll bet it will easily be post $3000.

Well considering that his current signature already costs something like 3 grand,a miltiscale one will cost over 3500 $ i guess...it's not hard for dean to back up a ridiculus price,since it's an 8 string and if you search a bit around custom shops,most of them don't do fanned frets for cheap.except roter maybe :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')