Rusty Cooley's RC8 Pics!! [Before Paint]

• Thread starter CooleyJr
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

capo_fez

Guitar Tech/ Player
Reaction score
I have to agree with the general consensus about the inline 8 headstock. It's a bit much for a guitar designed to have a high A or Ab string. In my personal opinion, I would have gone with a 4+4 or even a 5+3 for this tuning. As for tuning it to F#, I would have gone with 28"-25" for a fanned fret system, or non fanned. I would have loved to see this with a Kahler. As I have seen a couple of fanned fret guitars with custom Kahlers, I think it would have been awesome. Unless he could talk Floyd Rose into designing a multiscale 8-string trem. I have seen the 8-string Ibanez Edge Pro trem, and thought it was rather sexy.

I would love to try one out, but the thought of giving my left nut as colateral for a test run has me a bit scared. Maybe if they could just settle for an arm and a leg, I might consider it.

H

hatestringsof8

yeah, rusty showed me the production pics on his computer where he does lessons (i am a student of his). looks amazing i get to see him play it next lesson. i hope it goes into production as well. but if it does it'll probably be expensive.

jsousa

Reaction score
yeah, rusty showed me the production pics on his computer where he does lessons (i am a student of his). looks amazing i get to see him play it next lesson. i hope it goes into production as well. but if it does it'll probably be expensive.

ask if you can film him for a youtube skit like this one (with the 8 and his latest rig of course!) :

Evil7

LowCrushingMetal
Reaction score
I agree with his comments on emg707's .... they're just amazing to me.

Shredmon

Reaction score
These were just posted on the Cooley forum by Stephen Platt of Collibus.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

I must say.. Dean did a REALLY good job on this one!!!! This BETTER go into production.....

Thanks to Stephen Platt for pics after paint! :D

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

FUCK! THIS is my dream guitar!
Thats unbelievable.......
very nice paintjob also!
This better goes in production!
Greets
Simon

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
ask if you can film him for a youtube skit like this one (with the 8 and his latest rig of course!) :

he never ceases to amaze me. but, i REALLY like the shot at ibanez. like they wouldnt have made the cutaway however he wanted. they put that damntop horn handprint-grip for herman li. im sure they would have shaved some of the back of the lower horn off for his guitars if he wanted.

Anthony

Banned
Reaction score
Don't know if this has been posted, but what was the scale length?

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I love everything about it except that hideous, over the top paint job. It's like they wrapped the guitar in one of those Affliction knock-off shirts you can get at Wal-Mart for $6. It's just so absolutely tasteless.

I really hope it can be ordered in plain colors like the RC7G. Though, something tells me the price is going to be quite hefty.

I love the ground that this guitar is breaking, but once again it seems Dean doesn't know how to spec out a proper production signature guitar. It's like the Dave Shankle V all over again.

I must say, that I really like the specs for the most part, and if it's anything like the other RC's then the playability will be amazing. I'm curious to see how the production of these goes.

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
HAHAHA it's true, it reminds me of the douchebags that wear all the Tapout shirts but look like they couldn't fight a paper bag without pissing themselves and dying.

That being said, everything else = O_O Well..I've been shut up.

TMM

UUDDLRLRBAStart
Reaction score
That looks incredible with the paint! I love how it's red instead of white, like the original.

lefty robb

Shred like a mofo
Contributor
Reaction score
I love everything about it except that hideous, over the top paint job. It's like they wrapped the guitar in one of those Affliction knock-off shirts you can get at Wal-Mart for $6. It's just so absolutely tasteless.

Funny you should say that..

Cheesebuiscut

Loves his Q-tuners
Reaction score
I love how he completely forgot to mention it being you know... multiscale :scratch:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')