Ruthless metal combo.

• Thread starter Bladed-Vaults
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bladed-Vaults

Broceidon
Reaction score
Need 1 12 or 2 12 combo. Wattage doesn't matter.
Under 700 u.s. bucks.

Was thinkin good ol 6505combo n a ts but I'd like ti see if any other amps can do the brootals for that price in a combo

Blackstar?
Mesa?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bladed-Vaults

Broceidon
Reaction score
Found a rivera m100 combo on guitar center. Had a knucklehead n loved it. Hows the m100 do

Choop

uwu
Reaction score
If you go 5150/6505 route try to get an older 5150 2x12. You don't have independent eq control over both channels, but it sounds better IMO. You'll have that extra 12" speaker pushing more air. Also, are you typing from a phone? :lol:

Bladed-Vaults

Broceidon
Reaction score
yes lol I am typing from my phone.

the 5150 doesnt have master volume witch would be a problem.

I need her to play at some lower volumes. its for my room in the barracks here in ft. Benning. noone minds me havin an amp but i cant exactly blow away 4 rooms down just cuz i needed the sweet spot from my 5150.

I owned one before so i know its not really bedroom capable.

myampslouder

Reaction score
If you could save up a bit more you could possibly find a mesa Mark IV combo for around 1000. I had one and it killed.

Another good option is some of the blackstar stuff. The HT series is pretty killer.

Bladed-Vaults

Broceidon
Reaction score
If you could save up a bit more you could possibly find a mesa Mark IV combo for around 1000. I had one and it killed.

Another good option is some of the blackstar stuff. The HT series is pretty killer.

are the combos as wicked as the heads are? I assume like most mesas it would need a boost. witch is fine i have a few TS models back home i could have shipped to me.

myampslouder

Reaction score
The mark IV combo is identical to the head, just has the built in speaker. Try to find one with the 200 watt EVM speaker. They sound incredible and you also shouldn't need a boost. the bass mid and treble controls are before the distortion in the signal path. They act very similar to a tubescreamer without the added compression. to me they actually sound much better without a tubescreamer.

DarkWolfXV

Excised n anatomised
Reaction score
6505+ 112 Combo is great, you can play pretty quietly if you find a spot between 1 and 0 on the master volume pot, or you can just get an attenuator.

NinjaRaf

Reaction score
yes lol I am typing from my phone.

the 5150 doesnt have master volume witch would be a problem.

I need her to play at some lower volumes. its for my room in the barracks here in ft. Benning. noone minds me havin an amp but i cant exactly blow away 4 rooms down just cuz i needed the sweet spot from my 5150.

I owned one before so i know its not really bedroom capable.

Yup. The 5150 212 combo is THE best one in the series, IMO. I did a lot of comparisons when I had the 5150 BL, 5150 212, and 6505+. Also, I have an 11 month old and live in an apartment. Heres what it sounds like at basically whisper volumes...Lower than TV...I mean, you can hear my kid playing and yelling in the background haha (he just discovered recently that he can be loud and make lots of noise and he loves it lol) http://tonefinder.com/?section=id&value=14603 You should also check out the new Randall Diavlos.

So yeah, I disagree when you say it isnt bedroom capable.

If you just need a bedroom amp, why not get something like a peavey vypyr. My 15 works REALLY ....ing well when my kids asleep.

warlock7strEMG

Reaction score
6505+ 112 combo sounds great at low volumes, ESP with an OD pedal in front

sage

twerk twerk thall
Reaction score
JSX 2x12 combo is wicked versatile and can be had for about $700.
Carvin Legacy 2x12 combos are way under used for metal, but have a great sound also.

GizmoGardens

ECE/MetalHead
Reaction score
JSX 2x12 combo is wicked versatile and can be had for about $700.
Carvin Legacy 2x12 combos are way under used for metal, but have a great sound also.

Second the JSX. Under-rated amp for metal. Throw your boost of choice out front and you're in there.

Promit

Reaction score
Jet City combo, just to throw some variety in. The Blackstar combos are no comparison to any of the amps mentioned here.

Bladed-Vaults

Broceidon
Reaction score
attempting to hunt down a mark IV combo now.

found a krank rev 2x12 for 550 covered in red *sex* might look into.
played an early version of teh revolution head when I first started playing and wasnt impressed. maybe I was too new to tone then?

I wont have another shot at leaving the grounds for 4 or five days. so ill go attempt the blackatars in person see what I think.

going insane with nothing to do in this place. and all my roomates just play Call of duty... you figure we get enough of that in the field...... need ma metal!

viesczy

Reaction score
To consider along with the 112 6505+, the Genz Benz El Diablo 60/30 112 can get all sorts of tones from it. I know mine can, if I was HAD to keep just two of my amps it would be that one for smaller gigs and my Mesa RKII.

The Bugera line of combos in the 333/333xl & the 62XX series can do all sorts of metal. My 333xl matches up WELL against my Peavy XXX. There's a better build quality in the Peavey, as can be expected for the price difference, but the sound quality in AWESOME.

Derek

User Name

Banned
Reaction score
i just got a mesa .50 caliber+ head for only 350 used. im sure you could find the combo version used around you, or somewhere online for within your price range. i just ordered it so i have not tried it out but it was because of the great things everyone on here had to say about it that drove me to pull the trigger..

')