Ryan Knights New LACS a Blue FR!!

• Thread starter Peffel84
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
Better than nothing.

Why you always gotta be a killjoy man? Can't we ever be excited for anything? :(

It probably won't happen, it's great that they interact with the public but you should take it with a grain of salt. A Jake Bowen Signature sounds much more likely due to their fanbase jump since last year, and I recall a member here getting a similar response from Ibanez's social media pages. Needless to say, it didn't happen haha.

Don't get worked up, you're hoping for something that probably won't happen. Even though BDM has a huge fanbase, Ryan Knight isn't that well known in his own right and playing so it's not feasible.

I would buy both LACS guitars I posted in a heartbeat though ;)

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
I'd love to see Ryan get a signature guitar, but I have a hard time seeing Ibanez ever do that. As a huge BDM fan, I'm biased and think he should have one. However, if Ibanez didn't do it for Chris Broderick, then I can't see a series or model being made around a melodic death metal band that's not as huge as Megadeth.

How many Ibanez sig artists are there? 13? ESP has 25? ESP also seems WAY more willing to hand out sigs to bands that aren't super mainstream. Ibanez.....not so much. I'm not saying one is right or wrong. That's just reality.

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
I'd imagine bdm is on par exposure wise as Shadows Fall or Asking Alexandra. The chris broderick situation is just hearsay, I think Ibanez would be reluctant to give out a sig to someone that just joined the group, in case he gets kicked out the next day, which is not unreasonable knowing Mustaine.

gunshow86de

Beef Jerky Time
Reaction score
Better than nothing.

Why you always gotta be a killjoy man? Can't we ever be excited for anything? :(

39215-grumpy-cat-no-Vyfj.jpeg

Larrikin666

Deadite
Reaction score
I'd imagine bdm is on par exposure wise as Shadows Fall or Asking Alexandra. The chris broderick situation is just hearsay, I think Ibanez would be reluctant to give out a sig to someone that just joined the group, in case he gets kicked out the next day, which is not unreasonable knowing Mustaine.

If you go off of Facebook likes and album sales, Asking Alexandria is WAY more popular than BDM. Yes, I find this unfortunate, but it's true. Dahlia has 983K versus AA with 3.4 million. Is Ibanez even still doing the MBM series?

Jonathan20022

Engineer
Reaction score
^ Yeah Asking Alexandria is sadly more popular than TBDM, and yeah the MBM is still on sale. Always felt the MBM was overpriced for what it was, the RG's Ryan has aren't insanely new and innovative ideas but they look incredible I would be willing to pay somewhere around 1800$ for the Green RG.

Nag

chugs and screams
Reaction score
if this is a neck-through (which it doesn't look like) or an AANJ, they could make it into a production signature and I'd grab one. Looks cool as balls

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
If those dorks from Asking Alexandria can get sigs from Ibanez certainly Ryan Knight can

murda_jr427

Reaction score
Looks sweet.

Ryan Knight? Is that the TBDM guitarist? Or am I totally off?

Yeah, that's him. Such a talented dude, I've noticed he's been getting a bit sloppy live recently though. That's probably because they've been touring so much though.

Beautiful guitar on the other hand though

noUser01

Still can't play.
Reaction score
Looks awesome, I hope that brings these guitars more into the spotlight, they are a killer design and I know lots of people on SSO want one. :D Hopefully this will mean a few more options on their factory FR's.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I know lots of people on SSO want one.

A lot of folks are just talk. Searching through, there are only like three FR NGDs on this entire board over the last five years that the series has been around.

They were/are:
- Available at all different price points (Standard, Prestige, and J.Custom models).
- Available in colors other than black (Sunburst, Red, and Sunburst Flame).
- Are fixed bridge.
- Have decent stock pickups, by all accounts.
- Have bodies made of material other than basswood.
- Have a pseudo-Tele shape folks on here dig the heck out of.

But still they don't seem to be popular around here, unless of course someone brings them up, then they're popular for five minutes until everyone silently admits to themselves they they just want an RG. :lol:

jephjacques

BUTTS LOL
Reaction score
The combination of that video and your avatar is the funniest thing I've seen all day :lol::lol:

Latest posts

')