Ryan + Zelda = HYLIAN METAL \m/

• Thread starter Ryan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan

Reaction score
Link is secretly a death metal maniac and a shredding master.

I haven't played any of the Zelda games in a while, but I remember having lots of good times with Zelda 2: Link's Adventure for NES, A Link to the Past for SNES, Link's Awakening for Game Boy, and Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask for N64. My brother had Windwaker for Gamecube, but it didn't really capture my interest at all, so I never played it.

My favs out of all of them are:

#1 - Zelda: Link to the Past (The Zelda grail imo)
#2 - Twilight Princess Wii (They put some serious effort into this one, its actually better than Link to the Past, but it doesnt have the seniority that hits home with an entire generation of gamers)
#3 - Minish Cap on SP (i was surprised how good it was)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
My favs out of all of them are:

#1 - Zelda: Link to the Past (The Zelda grail imo)
#2 - Twilight Princess Wii (They put some serious effort into this one, its actually better than Link to the Past, but it doesnt have the seniority that hits home with an entire generation of gamers)
#3 - Minish Cap on SP (i was surprised how good it was)

"Minish Cap"? What's that? And what's an SP?

My favs would be:

#1. Zelda: Link to the Past
#2. Zelda: Link's Awakening (in my opinion, the greatest gameboy game ever made)
#3. Zelda: Ocarina of Time
#4. Zelda: Link's Adventure (it's not the greatest game, but I have tons of awesome memories with this game)
#5. Zelda: Majora's Mask

OzzyC

:ubersquint:
Reaction score
The SP is a Klondike bar shaped GBA

Alpo

Contributor
Reaction score
Ooh, the new version sounds even better!

My favourite Zelda's are:

1. Twilight Princess
2. Ocarina of Time
3. A link to the past

Damn, I gotta go buy some Wii points and get all the Zelda's. I hope they release Majora's Mask soon.

Clydefrog

Reaction score
Thanks for the patch! Like it a lot.

Any tips on how you went about EQing and mixing this beast?

What program do you use, and is your XT USB direct in?

I ask because what you recorded sounds so much better than what I record with the patch :scratch:

Ryan

Reaction score
This song has like 15 layers of guitars all playing at once. :lol:
When you're done recording all of your tracks, start with just the drums and mix in right and left guitars panned pretty hard. Another trick is working on your tightness. Really strive to make every note you play stick to the beat of the drums. The tighter you are, the more percussive the tone will sound.

Making sure the mix is right between the the rhythm guitars and drums is important. You dont want the drums to overpower the guitar, and you definitely dont want the guitar louder than the drums. You have to manage to get those left and right guitars to be on that perfect plane of volume where they thump together in harmony with the kick drums. When you get all of that just right, you'll notice the tone sounds a hell of a lot different than before.

I also used post EQ to eliminate unecessary bass freqs from the rhythm guitars, but i rolled it off at a bandwidth where it wouldnt actually affect the tone itself.. And having your bass guitar mixed in with the guitar will change the sound too. There are so many different aspects that will change the overall sound of the recording, ya know? But thats what's fun about it. Im interested to hear what my tones would sound like sitting in your mix, with your bass, and your drums, with your playing. hehe

')