S7320 black W/ EMGS

Misanthropy

Kebab Enthusiast
Reaction score
Dam does it normally take 2 months for a guitar to get routed/new pickups done? anyone tell me who long its taken you to get this done by a geetar shop
thx.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Filip S

D Phrygian #3
Reaction score
Dam does it normally take 2 months for a guitar to get routed/new pickups done? anyone tell me who long its taken you to get this done by a geetar shop
thx.

:agreed:

and...
did you wire the pups in yourself or did the luthier (sp? lols) guy do it? how much did it cost you? and the pups? what's the 5 positions on your switch? how would you rate the pups?

sorry about all the questions, i just really need new pups for my s7320 XD :shred:

Ketzer

Good news, everyone!
Reaction score
Can't speak for the rest, but it's a 3-way switch. Blackouts aren't coil-tappable. They're either on or off.

fiaracer

Reaction score
it took 2 months because my luthier is lazy. and because i work at guitar center. i wasnt top priority until I threatoned to go to a different luthier. yes i wired the pups by myself. I love emgs because of how easy they are to wire in im an emg whore.

o and emgs are totally worth it. they sound super tight and very gainy. the blackouts are great but they come with kinda crappy pots. no offence to duncan. but i love my emgs

dirtrebel

Reaction score
i've just installed blackout pups on my s7320. i would like to know, where do you guys put the 9v batteries? i can't seem to close the volume/tone pots cavity cover properly with the batts in them.

Filip S

D Phrygian #3
Reaction score
hmm now im really depressed. i don't know whether to get blaze custom/evo7, the blackouts, or the emgs :(. a little help?

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
The EMG's will need some routing to fit so just because you are not sure I'd say it's safe to rule them out, that leaves the passive vs active argument and the only person who can answer that is you because it's a case of personal preference but to sway the argument a little go to the shop and play a guitar with blackouts, they are bloody awesome.

fiaracer

Reaction score
i found that if you solder the cap to the ground of the tone pot and run a wire to the volume the battery can fit nice and snug in between the to pots. try that. if not you can always order a battery box.

Filip S

D Phrygian #3
Reaction score
yeah s7eve, i'm gonna agree with ruling out the emg's, i can always drill into my guitar later :p. but yeah you're right. :yesway:
the problem arises at my 5 way switch. if i get blackouts i will really miss my clean tones. are they good enough to compensate?:ugh: i hope they are cos i almost have enough money, and i dont like having money which means i'm gonna spend it:lol:

fiaracer

Reaction score
tru
the d activators are sick also the blaze.
next seven iby i get im gonna put dimarzios in them. to much hassle to install emgs.
but i love the emgs

Filip S

D Phrygian #3
Reaction score
They're about $175 USD here. I could get them for you if you want.

no offence but that would take freakin ages.:noway: i've only been looking for them online though, i'm still going to visit some shops to see if i can get them cheaper:mad:. thanks for the thought, and if i can't find anything i'll think about it.:agreed:

El Caco

Djavli te ponesli
Contributor
Reaction score
I can't comment on cleans with Blackouts but my educated guess would be they are good. There are plenty of threads here that will answer that one better.

Ketzer

Good news, everyone!
Reaction score
They're not bad. Not like, Air Norton clean, but unlike EMGs, they clean up REALLY nicely if you roll back on the volume knob.

Filip S

D Phrygian #3
Reaction score
I can't comment on cleans with Blackouts but my educated guess would be they are good. There are plenty of threads here that will answer that one better.

They're not bad. Not like, Air Norton clean, but unlike EMGs, they clean up REALLY nicely if you roll back on the volume knob.

thanks for that.
i almost made my mind up to get blackouts but i just found out i'd have to route for depth. i don't really know how/where to get this done, but i'm sure i saw a thread where someone said they didnt have to do it. i just can't find it again :squint::scratch:

EDIT: for fuck's sake it was this thread.
Here is what my S7320 looks like right now but I am either going to have the body chrome plated or airbrush some skulls on it and cover it in transparent candy blue..

Right now its just got Blackouts that went in with absolutely no problems or extra work and has the black pearl UFO knobs.. I also dyed the fret board black.. Took three days to dry..

hmmmmm.......

yeah im gonnna go to sleep.

NeglectedField

Reaction score
If I ever get a S7320 (and I probably will because my new S320 feels much more rewarding than my RG321 or 7321) I'd probably go the Blackouts route rather than do any routing. That is, if I don't have the money for a set of Bare Knuckle Warpigs :p

')