S8 Build, Eight String Saber

demigod

Reaction score
Thanks man! Ive been having a lot of trouble just drawing a simple body plan....always somes out out of proportion.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Drinkwater

ERG/ERB Builder
Reaction score
Stewmac and Guitar reranch both sell pigment for nitro in white. You would be able to achieve a pretty opaque finish with enough coats. You could also go with a premixed white automotive lacquer over a primer. Basically you are making a hard white paint which uses nitro as the binder.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
To get Opaque white you are probably going to need to go with a white primer coat.

Stewmac and Guitar reranch both sell pigment for nitro in white. You would be able to achieve a pretty opaque finish with enough coats. You could also go with a premixed white automotive lacquer over a primer. Basically you are making a hard white paint which uses nitro as the binder.

Yep, this:

STEWMAC.COM : ColorTone Liquid Pigment for Lacquer

In white. It's what I'm using for a trans white finish on an ash body right now. With enough pigment in the lacquer or enough coats it becomes solid white.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
this thread gave me the perfect excuse to subscribe to my first thread on here. keep up the work! i love this fucking thread

Superwoodle

Chris Woodle
Reaction score
Yep, this:

STEWMAC.COM : ColorTone Liquid Pigment for Lacquer

In white. It's what I'm using for a trans white finish on an ash body right now. With enough pigment in the lacquer or enough coats it becomes solid white.

I'm thinking about ordering some of that. I'm playing around with Spray White lacquer I got from home depot right now. Will nitro "stick" to primer? I'm not sure what types of paints work with nitro.

Elysian

Banned
Reaction score
I'm thinking about ordering some of that. I'm playing around with Spray White lacquer I got from home depot right now. Will nitro "stick" to primer? I'm not sure what types of paints work with nitro.

Most spray primers, yeah. You'll know right away if it won't :lol: I've had good luck thus far with your typical spray can primer from the car parts stores.

Superwoodle

Chris Woodle
Reaction score
:hbang::hbang::hbang:
DSCN2872.jpg

DSCN2877.jpg

DSCN2880.jpg

DSCN2881.jpg

DSCN2882.jpg

:hbang::hbang::hbang:

Levi79

Reaction score
Wow man. Just stumbled upon this thread. The Saber is probably my favorite body shape, I have 2 S540 6's. I've always wanted to see an S8! I love the unique materials as well. Awesome build man, stoked to see how it turns out.

Sofos

СофоƆ
Reaction score
i LOVE the idea of the bridges. if something happens to one, just switch that one out. not the whole bridge. <3. ill buy some for sure.

get them patented, imprint your name on them, and sell them. they could be the next big thing in bridges

Superwoodle

Chris Woodle
Reaction score
Just a small up date here:yesway:
Whoo it's been a whole month! I've been pretty busy with my little local band this past few weeks.

I made a new router " bushing," I'm not sure what to call it, so that I can use my 1/4" bit on a template, since I cannot put a bearing on the shaft.

DSCN3028.jpg

Freshly machined.

DSCN3053.jpg

Some more handy work with a band saw and drill press.
DSCN3056.jpg

Also, my neighbor apparently has a huge industrial laser, and has offered to cut my routing templates out for me.:hbang:

')