Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Just saw this on the Sabre Facebook.

1239221_576735772372709_483609455_o.jpg

1150699_576735782372708_644995102_o.jpg

1278996_576735779039375_827155954_o.jpg

1237213_576735819039371_279837737_o.jpg

In response to massive public demand we're stoked to announce the launch of Sabre's new range of off-the-shelf instruments. The Stock-Series guitars will be available in exclusive numbered batches through a select number of outlets online and worldwide.

Available in 6 and 7 string, our first two models, Syren and Talon will feature hand-selected world-class tonewood, premium hardware, Sabre's own renowned MetalGear Ultra and Zero humbuckers and a premium Sabre padded Gig-Bag. There's no cheap poplar or generic hardware here!!

Most importantly they are made 100% in the UK, here at Sabre HQ in exactly the same way as our Custom Shop instruments.

Available to pre-order from Today! To get your hands on a guitar from the first 12 Unit batch delivery on 1st January 2014. All our first batch customers will receive one of only 12 limited edition Talon or Syren T-Shirts!!

Really good specs for the price and the multi-scale versions are coming soon.

I'm not affiliated with Sabre so please don't move this to the Dealers Section.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

abadonae

This Fury Reborn
Reaction score
These guitars are amazing quality and from the bits that i've heard here and there sound awesome as well. I'd definitely suggest giving them a proper look into!

Chri

-________-
Reaction score
^So you haven't played one? Your statement is befuddling

-42-

Nothing to see here
Reaction score
I do wish they'd use photos of an actual build instead of a photoshop mockup, and that they'd put a cap/veneer on the headstocks while we're at it.

Reaction score
Hi Chaps,

Cool that this was posted here before I had a chance to add it to my build thread :)

Ok here's the answer to a couple of comments already posted above....

Big ND Sweaty: The bridge pickup is not slanted for no reason. Aligning the pole pieces closely with the true intonation of the strings gives the bottom strings noticeably more punch and clarity on guitars with thinline bodies. I've been doing it for a while now on my Ghost model guitars with great results.

-42-: These aren't photoshop mockups, (I know its pedantic) but they're renders from the Solidworks assembly we use for the CNC process. The reason we haven't taken a photo of the "real" thing yet is very simple. We haven't built any to this spec yet. They're going to be batch built to allow us to take advantage of bulk-pricing on hardware and wood to achieve the price advertised.

The Syren is basically identical to the Ghost custom model however so obviously there are many examples of those in the real world all over the internet (and indeed this forum) The Talon shape is the stock incarnation of the Spur Custom we are currently working on with Petey Graves but in every practical way (other than being a single-cut) the Syren and Talon are identical.

Oh - and We like showing the wood of our headstocks off!

Hope this all makes sense!!

All the best

Chris - Sabre Guitars

Oh - one more thing, which I'd appreciate your opinions on. The "medallion" style Logo on the headstock. It would be a new thing for us. I'm thinking it might be a little too .......... What do you guys think? Cool or should we stick to our current logo?

Last edited:

blanco

Reaction score
Current logo. The medallion is the only thing that really puts me off. Are they only going to be in a natural finish or are stains going to be available?

Reaction score
Ok I think that's pretty clear - original logo it is!

The plan is, they're all going to be natural finishes. All identical.

Oh and I don't know if any of you guys have seen the FB post but the guys who order from the 1st batch of 12 get a Syren or Talon T-Shirt

BigBaldIan

Bald and gribbly.
Reaction score
Current logo as well, the medallion detracts from the simple aesthetic in my humble opinion.

Edit: Looks like Chris made his mind up before I posted. :ninja:

Evil Weasel

Reaction score
I like the look of the talon 6's but that 7 string headstock is hideous IMO. Then I again I don't like reverse headstocks or overly curved ones so I'm highly biased. I know it's just a mockup but the positioning of the tuners on the 7 headstock looks like you will barely be able to use them too.....

I'd be interested to try one of the Talon 6's for sure though.

')